Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes. That's about the right pose. I don't think they should be wearing their hair up, though. Not too long, either, or it may cover things that oughtn't to be covered. Now who gets to be the one in the middle?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Naturally, I would be front & center [Wink]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<looks at Cobie statue>

Damn, I love him like my brother, but that statue NEVER gets to be less of an eyesore! Might have to look into legal about that....

<scribbles a note on his Omnicom>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Many LW posters do not realize there are five official Cobalt Kid statues & threads and several unofficial ones spread throughout Legion World.

When Legion World needed a hero, I was there. And I always will be.

<close up on smile with shiny white teeth>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<startled>

Damn! It TALKS?!?! Grife, does it have a motion sensor or a string in the back?!?

[Razz]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You should see what it does around females!
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Quoth the Rhino: *GASP!*

--------------------

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
What's all this fuss about a fancy bidet? Is it because of where the water comes out? 'Cause I'm totally over that. Sure, the first time is a bit startling, but Cobie's "statue" knows its way around Uranus!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Is'at stupid statue all dirty again? *HIC*

I suppose I'll get around to cleaning it one a these days... *HIC*

Mebbie Tomorra... *HIC*

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Rereading this thread was fun!

Random Statue of Cobalt Kid fact: in early 2004 to play a joke on me, moderator Stu moved the thread to the Science Police Forum; Gary moved it back. But when he did so, he created a duplicate copy of the statue thread by accident. So of the original thread "The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid" actually has become two threads! And then both kind of went on their own with their own set of posts over the last 7 years, though this one has remained the main thread. So Stu's joke created another Statue of Cobalt Kid!

Of course, longtime Legion Worlders remember that in addition to this thread there was the Second Great Statute of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid created by Pagan Lass during one of the most fun eras of LMB in-character shenanigans ever, as well as Third Great Statue of Cobalt Kid which was hilariously locked by Lash during the 'win a chance to have a thread headlined week' in Fall 2004.

During this period of immense statue building (before the controversy), Founder's Park was created which contains a 4th Cobalt Kid Statue (you can note the slight outrage at this in the opening posts).

There is an additional statue hidden from public view at the Psyonian Embassy for Cobalt Kid's role in the helping Psyonia in the Ggrrgg/Psyonia War, but you'll have to ask Crujeckie about that. This would be the fifth or sixth depending on where you place the duplicate statue created by the thread convergence mentioned earlier.

Yes, Legion World sure does love its greatest and most legendary hero! This doesn't even go into the statues of bidets and Michael Jackson Pov put up all over Legion World to distract the masses. [Big Grin]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Is'at stupid statue all dirty again? *HIC*

I suppose I'll get around to cleaning it one a these days... *HIC*

Mebbie Tomorra... *HIC*

Jeepers! Abin, you could look like you could use a trip to Cafe Cramer!
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe you're right, Cobalt Kid. He just had a conversation with Pov's butt.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Why? *HIC* Has Cramey sharted spikin' th' coffee? *HIC*

Wazzat his butt r his head? I kin never tell... *HIC*

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
No fault of his own... I'm often told I'm talking out it. [shrug]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

I think Cobie's ego hasn't been massaged nearly enough lately, so we need to erect yet another statue in his honor. Since it's wintertime, I'll be glad to make another ice sculpture. Would twenty meters tall be big enough?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.