Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tch. Someone doesn't know the limits of his authority. In all law enforcement matters, yours truly is the highest authority. You and Ram Boy have authority over the LMB, not the Security Office. And as an Officer yourself, you should know this.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Surely this is going to lead me to becoming evil again.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think you'd better have my orange plaid thong at the ready. I may be joining you!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

>takes orange thongs out of storage<

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tch. I hope these thongs aren't constituting intended bribery of this office.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky heads back to the Rookery with Lash>

I don't like this, Lash. I know I hurt Lardy when I left him, but I had no choice. There's something different about him. Not evil in the way we became evil. This is different. And scary!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

You know, Rocks... Lardy's been evil before. Not cute evil like we were, but UGLY evil... real, real evil!!!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

When Lardy and I were together, I would see glimpses of what he could be. Just little things he'd say or do. Not often, but every now and then. I always told myself I'd never allow that to happen to him. Then, well, when we weren't together any more, I figured it was nothing to worry about because he had no powers, but now! I just don't know.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I hear he's mass-producing Lard Lad robots. Why? And why not mass-produce Lash Lad and Cobalt Kid robots instead? That makes a lot more sense!!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

They'd certainly be more decorative! Wait a minute! Lard Lad robots? Oh, Dywh, not again! It's taken Time-Teller Lad so long to get over that Clive business. Oh, Lard Lad robots spell "trouble"!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<Cobalt is oblivious to back and forth about statues>

Noble citizens, I'll gladly take pictures with you and sign autographs! I only ask that some of you go henceforth and grab me a scotch; splash of water please, no rocks!

And you, young lady. I don't know what race you are, but your purple skin intrigues me.

<crowd gathering>

Ah, see how Statues of Cobalt Kid and Lash Lad bring about goodwill on Legion World? It's not that we saved the universe entirely on our own every time--it's just that we looked so damn good doing it!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad With Glasses
In Transit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad With Glasses           Edit/Delete Post     
[LWG stands several feet away from the statue, observing silently]

/This... Cobalt Kid has a nice enough face, but I get the feeling there's not a whole lot going on underneath it./

[he shrugs, gets out his pocket Omnicom, and writes]

A whole lot of city traversed, but still getting nowhere.

It would be easy to give up, just retreat back to Cramer's cafe'. It was peaceful enough there.

But... no. I can't know true peace until I solve the mystery of where I came from, and what my connection to these people is.

/I know who has answers, and where they've gone. So that's where I should be./

[LWG vanishes once more.]

--------------------
"Hard times make heroes out of fools..."

From: Up On the Roof | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
As The Official Cobalt Kid Statue Cleaner of Legion World (see posts 44 and 88 of this thread) I guess I better get busy...

**HIC**

Green Energy washes over the statues

**HIC**

That should do it... anybody needs me I'll be at Shameless Hussies havin a lil drinkie...

I wonner if Lash an Cobie have ever done that in real life???

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmph. How come Cobie's statue is the only one that's clean? Fat Cramer's is a little dusty, ans mine is positively filthy!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.