Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[Legion Flag] [Love] [Cobalt Kid - LMBP]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<Exnihilo approaches the statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid, with an evil grin on his face. In his hand, he holds tight to a small brown bag>

Silent voice of the black diamond: ARE YOU PREPARED, MY SERVANT?

Exnihilo: Indeed. This shall be my masterwork of EEEEVIL! The destruction of this symbol of the LMB's heroism shall stand as a harbinger of their impending doom!

Silent voice of the black diamond: FINALLY! AFTER YOUR MISERABLE ATTEMPTS AT EVIL AT CAFE CRAMER AND SHAKES BAR, I HAD FEARED THAT I HAD CHOSEN POORLY... THAT YOU DID NOT POSSESS THE CAPACITY TO WREAK TRUE EVIL UPON THIS WORLD.

Exnihilo: Fear not... with each passing moment, the EEEEVIL grows inside me.

Silent voice of the black diamond: YES! SO HOW SHALL YOU ACCOMPLISH THIS FEAT? A MAGNIFICENT BOMB PLANTED INSIDE? A HEAT RAY TO MELT IT? AN ENORMOUS BEAST SUMMONED FROM THE PITS TO TEAR THE STATUE ASUNDER?

Exnihilo: None of those. I have a far more insidious plan, something I like to call... "The Myron Marks Gambit"!

Silent voice of the black diamond: THE... MYRO...?

Exnihilo <pulling out his brown bag and holding it up dramatically>: YES! Myron Marks... the man famed for his care for the wretched denizens of urban parks... the winged rats known as... pigeons!!!

Silent voice of the black diamond: I DON"T... I'M SORRY... WHAT?

Exnihilo <reaching into the bag, and pulling out a handful of birdseed, he tosses it at the statue>: The methods of destruction you describe are too pedestrian. With this gesture, this symbol will degrade over time... each passing day another step toward the complete degradation of the LMB!

Silent voice of the black diamond: I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Exnihilo <continuing to toss birdseed>: Can you not see the genius at work here, black diamond? Soon... flocks of pigeons will arrive to consume this seed. The very skies will turn black with their numbers. Within mere hours the natural consequence of their consumption will be... their waste! Thousands of birds will begin to befoul this monument to heroism and... over time... the corrosives therein will wear away at the statue... just as the morale of the LMB will be worn away at our reign of terror!

Silent voice of the black diamond: SIGH...YOU KNOW, I FEAR THAT "EVIL" MAY NOT BE YOUR CALLING.

Exnihilo <laughing as he continues to toss birdseed>: Mwah haHA! Mwah haHA! EEEEEEVIL!!!

Silent voice of the black diamond: YOU DO REALIZE IT'S NOVEMBER, DON'T YOU? THE BIRDS HAVE ALREADY FLOWN SOUTHWARD FOR THE SEASON.

Exnihilo <not hearing the diamond as he continues to toss birdseed>: EEEEVIL! Mwah hahahaha! EEEEEEVIL!!!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rond Vidar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rond Vidar           Edit/Delete Post     
Rond went for a walk through the park after his coffee.

He saw hundreds of pigeons surrounding a statue.

" ugh that's disgusting. They're like rats with wings. Legionworld is going down hill. Maybe it's time to take the time bubble back to the old days when villains had Os at the end of their names and we wore our underwear over our tights."

From: Always right on time. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Bloody Liberty!

Someone tricked the pigeons into returning in the middle of Flying Lemur season! The Lemurs are irritable and killing all the pigeons!

That handsome statue has turned red from the pigeon guts! Now it matches my new costume!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Want me to change your statue's colors? How about pine green, bgztlian blue, maybe polka dot pluberry?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

That handsome statue has turned red from the pigeon guts! Now it matches my new costume!

It's so sweet of you to wear the costume that I worked so hard to make [Wink]

--------------------
Why must power be so elusive?

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
Poppin' Planets!

That's a rather self-indulgent statue in the middle of Legion World. In my old days, I'd have assurenly bombed it.

Ah well. Those days are over. And I'd feel guilty about the Lemurs.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)           Edit/Delete Post     
Wait, wait, wait... I didn't realize the pigeons were being killed! We have to do something! I can't believ... *gasp*

--------------------
Why must power be so elusive?

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Alas, poor feathered friends [Frown]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate pigeons ... I saw some pigeons fighting over a fried chicken leg in the street once.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Who knew Flying Lemurs favorite food was pigeon head?
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

A lot of Chinese restaurants here serve fried pigeon. anyone want any?

--------------------

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.