Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28   
Author Topic: The Statue of the Legendary Poster known as Cobalt Kid
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Would twenty meters tall be big enough?

For which part of him?

I was thinking of his enormous biceps. Get your mind out of the gutter!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh, if I make his biceps alone twenty meters tall (that's their height, not circumference), then the whole statue would be somewhere around 150--that's about 500 feet. We would probably need to install a beacon at the top.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A shining beacon of heat and light. That's our Cobie (or is it me?).

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You're both pretty hot! [Wink]

It would have to be a cool light, though. Putting a hot beacon on top of an ice sculpture would be a bit unwise, I should think.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
[Bump]

I think Cobie's ego hasn't been massaged nearly enough lately, so we need to erect yet another statue in his honor. Since it's wintertime, I'll be glad to make another ice sculpture. Would twenty meters tall be big enough?

I salute your good sense, Rocky!

Smart posters know that massaging my ego usually equals a quick erection of my statue!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Well, thank you, Cobie. I think I'll go with my original plan of a twenty-meter sculpture. We don't want it to be a danger to the migration of space-geese.

<Rocky concentrates and gesticulates a moment and a 20-meter ice sculpture of Cobie appears>

Now, I think, in fairness to all the other contributions made by the other LMBers, it would be swell if you'd let me make another sculpture of another LMBer nearby (but not so close as to detract from yours). I think a Lash sculpture would be the best choice. Suggestions?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I suggest a sculpture of Lash and myself waving to the masses, and several gushing fans going into hysterics! Why, it would be as realistic as possible!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Smart posters know that massaging my ego usually equals a quick erection of my statue!

[Red Forman from "That '70s Show"/] "Put some clothes on! Nobody wants to see that." [/Red Forman]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

A brilliant suggestion. I'll leave this sculpture right here and--walk with me, please. Thank you. All right. Here we go!

<Again Rocky concentrates and does a little more gesticulation. Soon there is an ice sculpture of Cobie and Lash waving to a crowd of their hysterical fans.> I think that will work nicely. Now, if nobody minds, I think I need to take a little lie-down.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Certainly! That's quite a bit of work you've put in--and all for the good of Legion World!

In addition to lying down, may I suggest the consumption of alcoholic beverages while in the presence of belly-dancers? It's typically how I relax.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Change the belly dancers to go-go boys and you've got yourself a deal! [Big Grin]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I suggest a sculpture of Lash and myself waving to the masses, and several gushing fans going into hysterics! Why, it would be as realistic as possible!

Agreed! ;-D

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I'm glad you both like it. I used my strongest ice magic on it, so it should take at least 100 years before it even begins to melt a little.

Ah, here come the go-go boys!

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
What's this? Looks like a clear violation of Ordinance 12-B-II, I'd say.

<hips out ticket-writing Omnicom>

<Rocky soon returns to the Rookery to find a ticket waiting for him from the Security Office for erecting statues without a permit, along with a "melt and desist" order>>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! Overuled by LMB Deputy Leader!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.