Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 110)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
It's good to see this place full of friends again. I wish Semi would pop in. Till then, though, a toast to Legion World and the LMB. [Cheers]

ditto!
[Cheers]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, guys! Some diet whatever, barkeep!

<glances over a little shyly>

uh...hey, Rocky!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<fires up piano with Giant Robotic Lesbian>

Well GRL, still remember the words to Que Sera, Sera? You know you're gorgeous when you channel Dorris Day.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<sighs>

Hi, Lardy.

Where have you been? And exactly what's happened to you?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy has slipped into another universe where he thinks he's Andy Griffith.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahhh, one of my favorite hangouts!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<rolls eyes at Huey>

<turns back to Rocky>

Er...well, I've, er, been shot in the head--but I'm MUCH better now!

<shakes his head>

Lardi's no longer in the house, Rocky. But I've lost my powers.

I'm just "Officer Taylor", now. I've...just been trying to get my head together ever since.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<in the background, GRL and Cobie are leading a rousing chorus of some non-nonsensical tune, clinking mugs of beer together>
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
<While sipping his vodka and soda, HWW wonders if he slipped into another dimension, would he become Major Anthony Nelson of I Dream of Jeannie?>

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<Rocky shakes his head>

Oh, Dywh! <Embraces Officer Taylor> I'm glad you're all right. <Suddenly much more serious>

Did you say you lost your powers?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yeah, that whole "shot in the head" thing did a number on me.

<shakes head>

It's tough for a guy like me to be powerless, y'know. I...haven't dealt with it well in the past.

So I've been trying to deal with it as best I can. With my putting you thru all that Lardi business...not being myself, well, it didn't seem fair to have you deal with another of my problems.

<sips his soda and stares into the glass>

I sometimes wonder if you ever, truly realized what you were getting into when you fell for a headcase like me.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

No, I guess I didn't. <Embraces him again and begins to tear up>.

Umm, Lar--er--Offi--Anthony. There's something you probably need to know. I guess you've learned by now that Pyngwyny culture has a lot of strange rules. Some might not make any sense to an outsider.

There's no problem with a prince of the House of Rockhopper being paired with another male. There's no problem with my being paired with someone from another planet or another species or someone who is not of noble birth. <Begins to cry> But--well--for a male potentially to become part of the House of Rockhopper with no powers--it's unheard of. I don't know if it will be allowed. <Gets up> You'll have to excuse me. <Runs out of the bar>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<is frozen and agape as Rocky leaves>

...gods...

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
<slides his vodka no soda over to Officer Taylor>

oh don't look so glum.

well i'll show you some moves and then you can impress them with martial arts and say "ha! that's about as good as a super power!"

(and then defeat their most powerful penguin in single combat)

or, if that fails, i've still got some gadgets from the anti-matterverse. my home sweet home. which might work to fake a super power.

lets see .... <riffles through pants > well you can't have my Father Box or my MegaRod but i've got some sort of laser pen that has "best western" written on it!! we can stick it in you eye socket and you can shoot a lazer out one of your eyes ... just have to rig some sort of way for you to pull the trigger without you sticking your fingers in your new bloody eye hole. hmmm. let me think about this one.

<digs further down in his pants>

ah hah! flight ring? weather control apparatus? what else have i got ......

force field belt? Irradiated spider? we could just write Mono Lad across your chest.

or if that fails we could just take a trip to durla <cough> <ahem> excuse me. I mean your your home planet to try and use some ancient machine to irradiate you and restore your powers, which will be painful, but the good news is you can finally make that challenge for tribal leadership you've been meaning to get around to. If you can't get your father to go, I'm down.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

<orders a round of vodka for Officer Taylor, Disaster Boy, and himself>

Lissen to da man, Officer. You got lotsa talent.

'Sides, if Rocky doesn't accept you for who you are, you're too good for him!

*hic*

--------------------

This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.