Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread (Page 33)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Conjure Lass,

For what it's worth, I'm 49 and the best friends I've made have been after I turned 40. I made them through a writers group, a comic book creators group, and church.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh. I hate having to make friends. The worst part is that the more you're actually intentionally trying to make friends, the less likely it is that your going to end up making genuine friends.

But, really, the best thing is, as HWW suggests, find activities you're interested in, and get involved.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Get involved in something larger than yourself and don't focus on your own wants and needs so much.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... I just got used to having less friends.

<--- grumpy cat.

Why can't I find a good free movie on the internet to watch! [LOL]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, you know what they say: Outside of a dog, a book is one's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
That explains a few things.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I've also found myself drifting apart from childhood friends, and friends I've made in college, due to lack of shared interests and values. I just genuinely find that we don't have much to talk about anymore. On the other hand, my childhood friends are among the first people I'd go to if I really were in a major bind.

I hate having to meet new people too - most just turn into acquaintances who clog up your social networking sites but whom you will probably just talk to once a year to exchange birthday greetings [Razz]

I guess the best thing is, as others have suggested, to get involved in activities you genuinely find interesting. Then choose which relationship to keep maintaining.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU MAKE NEW FRIENDS IN YOUR 30's?!! HOW!?

(This does not apply to all of you, as it really *has* been nice to make new online pals)

People tell me all the time that I need to make new friends and maybe go out on a date. How does one DO that? Where do I go to meet these new and exciting people?

That's it...I'm doomed. Label me Forever Alone.

(Thanks for letting me indulge in that pity party, thanks.)

I agree with what others have said. You just have to get out to places where other people are likely to have shared interests with you, and then see what happens. There's no "winning formula" that I know of.

Also, as with romantic relationships, I think it's okay if everything doesn't stay new and exciting forever. Longevity brings other compensations, IMHO. I have tried not to be one of those people who just swaps out friends like they're shoes that don't feel as comfortable as they did when I was Twenty. [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[sigh]

I'm on another board where one veteran poster has been trolling me for three months, almost from the day I started posting. She's a Grade-A jerk, who accused me of being a sockpuppet for various other women posters who she disliked. If other posters are to be believed, she made these now ex-posters so miserable that they left that particular community for good.

I told her after the initial troll that I wasn't interested in her accusations, and that my personal life was none of her damn business. I also told her that I would not be responding to her posts again at any point in the future. I have kept this vow.

But Great Dog Almighty, I wish she'd back off already and go find a new pigeon. Three blasted months of her paranoid, gibbering crap?! Gah.

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
If only there was a hide feature so her posts would be invisible!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Tell me about it, IB. :/

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I am still sick after two weeks. I slept in until 2 today and yesterday ... I am still hanging on to my work schedule though since I can do most of it anytime I want and fortunately my meetings have been in the late afternoon!

enough already!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
AAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGG. CAR REPAIRS AT CHRISTMAS TIMMEEEEE!!! AAAAAAAARRGGG!!
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

That really sucks.

It's always like "SURPRISE 800 DOLLARS!"

"SURPRISE 300 DOLLARS RIGHT NOW!!!!"

:C

Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
That really sucks.

It's always like "SURPRISE 800 DOLLARS!"

"SURPRISE 300 DOLLARS RIGHT NOW!!!!"

:C

That is EXACTLY how it is. The mechanic calls me and is all "Well, gonna be about 300 bucks". NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I thank you or your empathy, dearest. XD

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.