Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
300 is good. 300 seems to be the minimum. [shrug]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
The funny part is that even when the repairs start around 100$...they somehow always manage to grow into 300$. EVERY SINGLE TIME.
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay...so, my group at swork has enough to do to work 12 hours a day till the end of the year. Yet, because the main group has not much to do we got put back on 8 hours a day again today.

Yet they want me to finish way too much work in a week...oy.

To be fair though, I am loving the frantic aspect of my job right now.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Enjoy that new and wondrous feeling before you wind up like me cursing world as I wake up for work every morning.

Seriously though, i'm glad you're enjoying work. That's always a nice feeling. [Big Grin]

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
When the alarm goes off before 5 am, I am not a happy man. But the challenges of the day are always new (yet the same.)

Things are shifting right now as they got someone to help test stuff. Which is building up more and more everyday.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Re car repairs, I also hate when they say they'll have your car ready by next Monday, and you end up waiting until Friday! Don't make promises you can't keep, pal!

Re work, been pulling a lot of overtime lately too - 2 straight weeks of 12 hour days. It's physically tiring, and I hate not being able to run errands/work out because I'm too exhausted, but I do love my job. And it's only temporary because of this big project we have right now.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
At end of day, I saw a former student in the halls, I knew to have withdrawn. He had been involved in a couple violent happenings (been shot, been in fights, gang association). I notified the Principal that the kid was in the building.

He said

"Maybe he's coming up to your classroom to shoot you."

sigh

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully he said that to you before he heard about Connecticut. After his little "joke" did he do anything about that kid?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes it was before. No he did not. I'm still deciding whether or not to file a grievance. The union rep (friend of the Principal) didn't supply the paperwork three days after I requested it. When I asked her why, she said she didn't think I had anything to grieve, there were no witnesses (there actually was but it was another FOP).

Last year I found myself alone in midst of 20 boys about to fight because he ignored my warnings about students roaming the building and letting outsiders in. Inexplicably, they backed off "teacher voice." One kid was going to try something but thought better after "teacher glare." lol

Teacher glare > thug behavior.

I'm not the type to file "grievance." Rather just bury my head and try and get out of the school, which I would need his recommendation to do. I'm not sure I look forward to this.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, hopefully after Friday, your principal will think twice about school security.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
My dad won't stop bothering us about something he was supposed to get in the mail so he can conduct fire drills at the nursing home he works at. We're not responsible for his mail, it's not supposed to come here anymore, but it still frazzles me because my brother moved all this mail we kept on top of the microwave during Thanksgiving and he doesn't know what he did with it. My dad is threatening to come by the house while we're not here to look for it himself.

I'm stuck between my dad and my brother because my brother's right and we're not responsible for his mail but I'd be a hypocrite because I just asked him about something involving insurance.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
And of course the reason why I have mail addressed to me as Jude Deluca is so it doesn't accidentally end up at my dad's.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

This is a little old, but just came back into my mind.

Went to a local eating chain for a carry out. The girl behind the take out counter was helping someone so I stood a respectable distance back and waited. The man sat down, and I moved forward a little and the girl looked at me and then started doing something on the register/computer. Fixing something from the looks of it.

I waited about 5 minutes whole she finished. I again took a step forward and she looked at me and turned and walked away. She went and talked to someone, came back, looked right at me again and turned and walked away again.

I asked the next worker I saw for the manager, who it turns out had come up when the girl was working on the problem to help her with it.

I explained the situation and added that I would have been fine if the girl had said one acknowledging word to me that she would be with me as soon as she could. But she said nothing. I made it clear that I was there to order, yet nothing.

The manager did what she should and aasked me what she could do for me to make it alright. I know full well that I could have gotten my daughters meal for free, but I simply said to her that I would not be coming back there and that she had lost a regular customer because her employees had no customer service training apparently. ]]I can handle people being busy. I can handle people needing to go get help for something...but acknowledge your customer and let them know that you will help them.

Did not want that girl to loose her job or anything...but I also do not want her to ever treat another customer like that. I saw the manager talking to her as I got in my car to leave...the manager did not look happy. Hannah loved the pizza I got her though. [Wink]

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I fell asleep on the floor at what I assume was 8 or 9 ... woke up felt like I slept for ages ... heard a baby crying ... saw that the tube was open ... and assumed it was morning but still dark ...

it was 11:22pm! I can't sleep now feeling totally rested. argh. what a bad time to take a nap.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
I fell asleep on the floor at what I assume was 8 or 9 ... woke up felt like I slept for ages ... heard a baby crying ... saw that the tube was open ... and assumed it was morning but still dark ...

it was 11:22pm! I can't sleep now feeling totally rested. argh. what a bad time to take a nap.

YEsterday, I put my kids in quiet time and decided to lay down for a few minutes before starting some chorse. This was about 3 in the afternoon. My daughter woke me up about 6:15 because she was getting hungry for dinner. Felt lethargic for a few hours and then had trouble falling asleep thlast night. Oy...
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.