Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
In Department Stores. People who stop at the top of the escalator's to look to see where they want to go. Comming up fast behind them with nowhere to go I am sure one of these days I am going to just knock em over and cause a pile up.

Move away from the top of the stairs godammit, then you can look around in peace.

I was a couple of people behind a couple who did this exiting the subway once. And it is not like the people behind them can stop going up.

No consideration for other people.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
It rained today. Now, I like the rain. A lot. But I have to walk to school. It took twenty minutes. IN THE RAIN. With cars NOT stopping for me and lots of general WETNESS. Twenty there, twenty back. I was tre bummed. And wet. My poor jeans...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
It rained today. Now, I like the rain. A lot. But I have to walk to school. It took twenty minutes. IN THE RAIN. With cars NOT stopping for me and lots of general WETNESS. Twenty there, twenty back. I was tre bummed. And wet. My poor jeans...

After coming in all wet from the rain, there is nothing like a nice hot shower, then getting into dry clothes and relaxing.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
My current beef is this: If you live in this country you shouldn't be allowed to work in customer service if you don't speak English! Yes, I know I am politically incorrect and no doubt a class-A bigot, but I do so hate needing help somewhere and I can't understand what the service person is saying! I live in Kentucky!

Thanks for listening.

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Lance's realm:
My current beef is this: If you live in this country you shouldn't be allowed to work in customer service if you don't speak English! Yes, I know I am politically incorrect and no doubt a class-A bigot, but I do so hate needing help somewhere and I can't understand what the service person is saying! I live in Kentucky!

Thanks for listening.

You know what is also frustrating? Watching a customer and a customer service person, for whom English is a second language, but have different first languages.

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The guilt-inducing moaning, groaning vent: my 17-year old cat is in failing health and has taken up residence on the kitchen counter, which I find really annoying but then I feel so bad for her, I just work around her. Some days she looks like she's on death's door and I think about putting her down, then the next day she'll perk up.

She needs a tiny pill daily and it's a battle every time. If she weren't so feeble she'd probably shred my hands to pieces.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:

After coming in all wet from the rain, there is nothing like a nice hot shower, then getting into dry clothes and relaxing.
don't skip the taking-off-the-soaking-wet-clothes-on-the-back-porch-and-enjoying-the-rain-for-a-few-minutes-the way-nature-intended step

[ January 31, 2008, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Lad Boy ]

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
The guilt-inducing moaning, groaning vent: my 17-year old cat is in failing health and has taken up residence on the kitchen counter, which I find really annoying but then I feel so bad for her, I just work around her. Some days she looks like she's on death's door and I think about putting her down, then the next day she'll perk up.

She needs a tiny pill daily and it's a battle every time. If she weren't so feeble she'd probably shred my hands to pieces.

Sorry to hear about this. This is one of those really hard decisions.

I remember one dog we had who developed arthritis. Dad would give her an aspirin a day. After a while she realized that the pill made her feel better and would take it with no problem.

--------------------

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

[Hug] Cramer.

Its hard postion to be in Nancy. My Ex told me this week that she had had to put our 15 year old mutt to sleep. Still waiting to tell our daughter as she'll be distraught.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh FC, I'm so sorry! The uncertainty is the hardest part. And feeling like your punishing them when you're trying to help. Trying to get Leroy to take pills was a nightmare too. I had to try and give her human antacid to calm her stomach so she would eat, but of course they're all minty and she hated the mere whiff of it. Have you tried mashing the pill in a bit of butter? Or they sell Pill Pocket, hollow treats that you can put the pill inside. Best of luck!
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK, so last Sunday I called my brother and told him that our dad need some more wood pellets for his stove. My brother said he would get them. Wrote himself a note. I didn't tell Dad that I called him, so he would look good for remembering. I go today and no pellets. Grrrrr!!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Annoyance du jour: when you're watching a program on TV, and you can barely hear it, but the commercial are deafingly loud.
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Annoyance du jour, part II: Those irritating scrolls across the bottom of the screen, which either remind you of what program you're watching (for those with short attention spans) or promote something coming up (just in case you're bored with what's on the screen).

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Npt really moaning or groaning. just letting people know where I've been.

Last Week my dad went into the hospital to get a colonoscopy. He has been complaining abut gassy cramp like pain. So I was at his place (no internet) to take care of his dog. He's been out of the hospital since Thursday, but still feels weak and still with the cramps. They did take out four polyps when they did the colonoscopy. They think that his bowels have contracted due to age so, the gas can't get around or through his stool. Hopefully with fiber supplements & stool softeners, he'll be OK, but it will take a bit of time for them to work. And dad is not a patient man when he gets sick (I should be well now!!!!!!)

I don't know how long I'll be staying with Dad. But rest assured, that when I am back, I'm looking to take the top poster spot from Cobalt Kid.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK, so I am sitting in my school library, posting to Legion World and playing spider solitaire when the libarian comes up to me with a security guard and the head of the maintenance. She says "I have to ask you to leave." And in my mind, I start to panic. What did I do that was wrong???

She then adds "Lexis-Nexis reported some heavy use and they traced it to you." So immediately I say "I don't use Lexis-Nexis here." (I actually don't use it anywhere else either) So she asked for my name. When I told her, she apologized and the three of them went off to another area. A few minutes later, I saw them exiting with an older gentleman.

It is scary when you get accused of anything.

--------------------

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.