Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't really have much to moan about...however,
my job is beginning to bring me down. Due to its location and my schedule, I have to be away from home for a two week streach of time. I've been here for almost a week now and i'm really homesick and miss my wife.

Quis, I sympathize with your plight...I have an Autistic cousin and she used to do the same thing when she was a child.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
[Poster's regret] On second thought, never mind. That was too petty. [/Poster's regret]

[ September 21, 2008, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
grosss. i hate young people that give the rest of us quiet folk bad names!

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
[Poster's regret] On second thought, never mind. That was too petty. [/Poster's regret]

Nothing is too petty for this thread.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate petty people. [Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I just went on a quick "field trip" for work today -- out and back. Unfortunately, I had to get up at a ridiculously early hour this morning.

I hate getting up so early that it's still dark when I leave home! It's depressing.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
It's getting to be that time of year... dark when you get up in the morning, and dark when you're heading home from school/work. [Mad] [Razz]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Dudes, I work nights....its still dark when I get off from work and dark when I go in. I haven't seen the sun in over a week
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I am really really bummed out that Prop 8 passed in California. Not to mention bans in Florida & Arizona and prohibiting gay people from adopting in Arkansas.

There is absolutely no valid reason not to allow gay couples to get married. It is pure prejudice and ignorance to vote otherwise.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK, so I've told you about my next door neighbors who play their stereo & TV too loud. Well last night the people on the other side had a party. Lots of young people. The music wasn't too loud but their talking was very loud. It even woke up my roommate. He also called the police twice.

He went back to bed and tried earplugs. I just went to bed. This was around 11 pm. At 1:30, I was woken up by the sound of a fire engine siren going down my street. Awake, I stayed up a little. They were still talking loudly. I went out on to my front porch and watched them. The people that ususally make the noise were also on their front porch. I think they were more amused by it.

Anyhow, two of the guys were having a shouting match, with a young woman trying to get one of them in a car. Eventually, one group get into their car and drive off. However, they drive around the block and the guy threw a bottle at the car. After that his friends managed to get him in a car and they drove off. I went back inside. Minutes later I hear a pop pop. I've actually heard fire crackers that were louder, but assumed it was gunfire. I immediately dialed 911, but as I was talking to the 911 operator, 6 police cars pull up. Of course by this time all the party goers were gone.

One of the guys on the other porch said the gunshot sounded like it was a 22 caliber. I think they were enjoying the fact that the police weren't call for them.

This morning when my roommate got up, I told him what had happened. He got very upset. About a month ago, he was held up at knife point walking home from the grocery store at 2 in the afternoon. So this afternoon, I here a yell from his room. I called out to see if he was alright. No response. About 5 minutes later he comes out yelling "this is a shithole!" And he is mad at me because he thinks I am not upset about what happened.

I do have to say, that I am not terribly upset about what happened. I am bothered by it and a little concerned. I mean I have lived in my neighborhood for 13 years now and this is the first time I've heard gunfire. He did come back out of his room about 40 minutes later to apologize for yelling at me.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
writer's block... and three papers due this week. [Frown]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The contractors who were putting new siding on the building my condo is in were partway done when we were hit by two days of severe weather. The new siding was soaked and my interior kitchen walls have visible damage.

Add to this a young man who works for me posted on Facebook that he has an interview for another job tomorrow. He didn't even have the decency to tell me himself. If he leaves his job, it will be months before it's filled.

Throw in that after 48 years of marriage, my parents have decided that the best thing for their marriage would be to live in different states. Mother is moving here this fall, which is a good thing, but still sad that they are splitting up.

Also, the choir I'm in is having some issues that are too convoluted and confusing for me to try to explain.

*Heavy sigh*

Thanks for listening.
[Hug] [Hug] [Hug]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh. First of all, [Hug] s all around. Quis, someday I have to tell you my favorite "but-marriage-is-just-for-straight-people" story. It probably wouldn't help today, though. It needs alcohol to really work right. (Or maybe chocolate if the involved parties are in recovery.)

Anyhow: Yeah, it's great that I've got three days of work coming up this week. The people are nice and the work is easy. It's not even a painful commute. Except for the endless turmoil this creates with the career peabrains at the Unemployment office. Really, I thought their neighbors on the Northern border were impossibly dense until I had to move my claim down here to the state of my residence. Basically this week will push me into the magical range for the second week in a row that disqualifies me for aid, just barely. That means that a week from today, I'll probably have to restart the entire claim from scratch all over again.

I might add that they ask a great many stupid and redundant questions that prove conclusively their inability to understand that "Temp" work is exactly that: TEMPORARY. Some weeks there is work but many more weeks there is not.

Aaaarggghh. There is a 12% Unemployment rate here right now. (Officially, which means off the books, it's much higher, of course.) I'm gonna' kick the next inspirational lecturer/wannabe' Herbert Hoover somewhere tender, believe me.

[cries] Thanks for listening.

Chocolate, anyone?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
The contractors who were putting new siding on the building my condo is in were partway done when we were hit by two days of severe weather. The new siding was soaked and my interior kitchen walls have visible damage.

Rocky, I don't know if you have homeowner's insurance or not, but in my state, rain coming in through an open window and doing damage is covered-you may want to check into it.

[ April 20, 2009, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Arm Fall Off Boy ]

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Rocky, I don't know if you have homeowner's insurance or not, but in my state, rain coming in through an open window and doing damage is covered-you may want to check into it.

The condo association will take care of this one. It's very clearly their fault. It's just the fact that it must be done when it was totally preventable that bothers me.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.