Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Nah, of coarse not. We don't let a little thing like long hours at our jobs keep us from being post hogs! [LOL]
(I'm speaking for myself only!) [Wink]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
I'm glad Mr Cleome is ok too!!!
I think the 3 of us work the longest shifts of anyone on here.
(Unless more do but don't speak up about it!).

Not anymore, I don't.

That's what floors me. I bent over backwards to do whatever the creeps in Management wanted, no matter how grueling, unsafe, or just plain suspect/contradictory it was. Made no difference. I still got humiliated and kicked to the curb. It happens over and over again in the climate of 9+% unemployment. We aren't human beings, just chattel. And the people in charge make damn sure that we never forget it.

I took the civil service exam again several months ago, even though I once swore I never wanted to be in the Government work culture again. But if they end up offering me work at this point (it could still happen. Public service wheels grind verrrrrrry slowly.), I'll jump at it.

I give. I wave the white flag. I surrender. Whatever the right term is. [sigh]

I'm sick and tired of managers who are incapable of acting responsibly or even with simple decency towards me. Union shops aren't perfect, Lord knows. But at least I'd get some modicum of protection from this never-ending horde of stupid, exploitative, pathologically lying a-holes. Grrr...

[ October 16, 2011, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Really sorry to hear that, cleome [Hug]

Whatever happened to the days when managers were leaders, and looked out for their employees?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Hug]

Thanks, IB. Honestly, I consider it some kind of miracle that I got out of that place and away from those smug creeps on Thursday morning without ending up in jail on assault charges. In the back of my mind somewhere was the thought that for three weeks I'd been treated like a petty criminal or an extremely stupid animal on a very short leash, so what difference would it really make if I acted like one?

Thankfully, I managed to gather up my stuff and get out of there without incident. I'm still not sure how I did it.

Those managers you're thinking of are obsolete. They got chucked in the trash along with benefits, the living wage, and all those other hallmarks of civilized behavior.

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I hear you, I hate it when they jump on you for small, honest mistakes and go all like, "Why the hell did you do that?" Hey, if I'd known it was the wrong thing to do, I wouldn't have done it.

Perhaps it's time to go entrepreneurial. Or start our own colony on a beautiful island far, far away from civilization.

[Hug]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

By the way, I was going to post on your flicker, but I couldn't figure out how to do that without registering for an account. I'm a bit lazy about signing up for it, since I don't plan on sharing any photos there at all [Big Grin]

Love how you have so much going on in the collages without making them too overcrowded!

--------------------

cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I hear you, I hate it when they jump on you for small, honest mistakes and go all like, "Why the hell did you do that?" Hey, if I'd known it was the wrong thing to do, I wouldn't have done it.

Oh, come now! If you aren't psychic, what made you think you were qualified for such a prestigious job in the first place?

quote:
Perhaps it's time to go entrepreneurial. Or start our own colony on a beautiful island far, far away from civilization.

[Hug]

Hey, I'm already an entrepreneur! I sold three cards last month! I would have made a net profit of almost fifteen bucks, except my Art Rep. spent her own money for gas to ferry all our stuff around, so I decided to let her keep eight out of the fifteen.

I'd rather export our overlords to an island while I stay here. All my comics are here. [Wink]

--------------------

cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
By the way, I was going to post on your flicker, but I couldn't figure out how to do that without registering for an account. I'm a bit lazy about signing up for it, since I don't plan on sharing any photos there at all [Big Grin]

Love how you have so much going on in the collages without making them too overcrowded!

Thanks for looking. (And I think flickr does have friends 'n family-only settings, if you ever change your mind about joining. I never use those settings, but it's good to know they're there, right?)

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

You make an awfully good point there. You'll be the first to know if I ever do decide to sign on [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
Hey, I'm already an entrepreneur! I sold three cards last month! I would have made a net profit of almost fifteen bucks, except my Art Rep. spent her own money for gas to ferry all our stuff around, so I decided to let her keep eight out of the fifteen.

I'd rather export our overlords to an island while I stay here. All my comics are here. [Wink]

Well, this calls for a celebration! Let's pass around the tequila. I heard the cactus they produce it from is dying out, so we should enjoy it while it lasts.

Yes, I think our thick-skinned and thick-headed overlords would greatly enjoy living in Antarctica. We don't have a big enough ship, though, so I hope they like making the voyage in a crowded cargo hold.

--------------------

future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I know it's November 3rd and we are well into autumn and all, but does it really have to get so dark by 6:15 every night???
I'm just sayin'.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Will need a job again in about three weeks. Blah.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Hug] Dev

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Will need a job again in about three weeks. Blah.

What sort of work are you looking for?
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The kind that pays. [Yes]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

[Hug] Dev! Hope you also find one that you can truly enjoy.

--------------------

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.