Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  33  34  35   
Author Topic: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I ususally don't notice them myself. but this year, they are everywhere...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
It was. But it was long ago. I'm stronger than that. I had a small mini tantrum, but Im ok now [Smile]

I suspect that you still might be more mature than me, Matt. One of the main reasons that I avoid Facebook is out of dread that some ex might suddenly decide to Friend me-- and then get all huffy when I either ignored them or told them to go cram it.

Cleome, I was trying to not gross everyone out but lets just say that what I can eat, doesn't hang around very long, and I ain't talking about a return trip. Doc warned me about it. Seems like if there's a side effect, I'm gonna be in line for it.

I spent this afternoon playing 18 holes of golf with my son with me and when I checked it earlier, I was at 240. So, I'm thinking the metformin might not do the job, but its still early on and I an not gonna be spending money all the time on Imodium.

[Shudder]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

Cleome, I was trying to not gross everyone out but lets just say that what I can eat, doesn't hang around very long, and I ain't talking about a return trip. Doc warned me about it. Seems like if there's a side effect, I'm gonna be in line for it.

I spent this afternoon playing 18 holes of golf with my son with me and when I checked it earlier, I was at 240. So, I'm thinking the metformin might not do the job, but its still early on and I an not gonna be spending money all the time on Imodium.

[Shudder]

Oy. Sorry to hear that.

Well, if it doesn't work, I hope you can lean on the doc to keep searching until you find something that does work.

mr_cleome is taking something that's probably in that same family of meds. They warned him about the same type of side effect, but he's not having any problems. OTOH, one of his buddies had to quit the same medication because he was having them. (Needing frequent bathroom breaks when you drive a bus for a living is naturally not a good thing.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
No, tisn't, lol. And I spend most of my day in a truck driving to timber tracts as well. Course', I'm out in the rural areas where there's a bathroom behind every tree. But then we get onto the Redbug subject again, lol. And trust me, they are bad enough on my legs....

[Wink]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:

NOW I get to watch as my ex gushes over the IPAD his new man bought him. I don't usually care enough to get jealous, but I really really don't care to see how happy they are and how much disposable income they have.

I know Im probably being childish here. I'll get over it. Just wanted to let it out somewhere...

Matt, I think I found the perfect song for that situation -

"Are You F*cking Kidding Me? - Kate Miller-Heidke

- lol

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Mosquitoes.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
a friend, who I busted my arse for clearing out his storage unit and shipping things to in Austria, is being a real ungrateful, manipulative prick.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. More so than usual.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I never want to go to work these days. What a shithole my company's turning into. [No]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown]

[hugs for my LMB buddies]

[plus maybe a shot of bourbon]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

I am trying to apply for a job I really, really want in the worst way.

I have been staring at the application for an hour and for the life of me, can think of nothing to say.

I have to hand it in tomorrow morning, because Saturday's the deadline and we're going out of town in the morning for a day-trip.

I honestly don't know how to convincingly write on an app that I am golly-gee-whiz-teh-awesomest-splendidest-bestest-employee-EVAH-who-you'd-be-INSANE-to-not-hire!; Really, I've tried it 4,000,000,000,000 times in the last two years and it NEVER flies!

At best, my current job, which is no great shakes even in the current pathetic-butt job market, won't last past next February. I need to get off my duff and WRITE SOMETHING IN THE SPACE!!11

And I can't.

[AHHHH!!!!]

--------------------

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Microsoft why did your new Windows Live software break your SMB authentication stack?

SAMBA team, why does your client not connect properly?

When will you release a patch?

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

It really stinks trying to write coherently while spaced out on anti-inflammatory meds. I'll be taking them for the rest of the week, thanks to the fact that I re-injured my left foot Thursday.

I'll be lucky if I can limp to work tomorrow and manage to not crash into a wall or a forklift in the first hour back. I already blew work off on Friday because I was in too much pain, but temps don't get paid sick days and now I'm gonna' have to soldier on.

Stupid traitorous mutant feet. I hate you.

Also, the Feds are trying to reel me in for jury duty again this Tuesday. Last time turned out to be a false alarm. They didn't want me, and I desperately hope they don't want me now. Sick days + jury duty does not = popularity with managers.

Gah.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I will one day rant about what I really want to rant about...but cannot yet. Too much happening in life right now.

Grraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been on the road so much for work that I'm feeling awfull lonely lately. I miss my wife and I really miss my baby. This was a lot easier before I was a father.

I'm almost through my heavy travel season...just a few more trips.

I make the best of it and enjoy, and I put on a front for my friends because I know people who have something real to complain about. But I miss my family.

Home late tonight and them back out on Sunday.

Almost there...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.