Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's)
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
A cloud floats serenely just north of Mount Future overlooking Legionopolis. It is a very large cumulonimbus, the type often called a thunderhead. It is shaped like a giant castle. A thin braid of golden wire runs from the cloud to the very peak of Mount Future. That seemingly fragile strand both anchors the cloud to the mountain and grounds the cloud channeling it's electrical output into the depths of the mountain.

This cloud is the home of Zardi the Eternal Man.

Step onto the cloud and discover it's secrets, if you dare. But beware... for here live all the creatures that modern man has declared to be myths, fantasies, legends, and tall tales. They owe their very existence to Zardi, and their loyalty to him in all things great and small is unquestioning and unwaivering.

[ June 07, 2010, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Zardi, the Eternal Man ]

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
A floating castle, eh?

Is this a threat? Or are you offering tours?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I should note that while I am extending an open invitation to all Legion World Citizens to visit my humble abode and while I pledge to abide by the universally accepted rules of hospitality for the duration of any and all visits, it would be wise for certain people to... hold in abeyance... any grudges they may have against me.

You know who you are and you have been warned.

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Faraway Lad ports into a small room in a tower towards the rear of the cumuli-castle. Unfortunately he is slightly “tipsy” from the effects of the many glasses of Port he has been forced to consume during a diplomatic reception on Veereponder, a minor planet in the outer rim. Seeing a large drinking horn he decides to “have one for the road” and taking the horn, takes a large swig and hiccups and teleports somewhere faraway.

In a small cell down in the mountain, alarm bells begin to ring and the golden wire starts to smoulder and vibrate as mythical creatures run back and forth.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost Girl
spirit of the night

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
The creatures of the castle stir.

They know something is amiss, but they do not notice the nigh-transparent figure that floats past them.

Even those whose senses are normally atuned to those beyond the existence of flesh and blood are baffled. The Psi-Felines of Cortovon VI, long thought to be extinct even in the realm of myth and legend, growl and hiss. One takes a swipe at where the figure should be, but she is beyond even there grasp - as long as she so wishes.

Presently she arrives at a grand crystal, encased in a stature made of cloud yet as tough as diamond. Like the cloud it is (yet isn't), the statue slowly changes shape. From amorphous cloud a Pegasus takes shape, growing from vagueness to perfect detail. But with perfection the statue returns to unshapen fluff. As the transparent figure watches from afar, the statue changes from Hippogriff to Pegasus to a giant Troll. She aproaches.

Her presence causes images to take shape within the crystal, which is unchanging except for its color. The crystal is about 6 feet wide, a perfect gem with an infinite number of facets - one could lose sanity trying to fathom the intricacy of the gem.

The image of a face projects itself onto the crystal. It is a woman, a elfin woman in pain.

"She is trapped," says the visitor. "Here, in this castle of cloud? Answers, there must be..."

But fear overcomes her. Yes, the master of this castle may not be able to harm her... yet if she is correct - if she knows who he actually is, then he may know how to hurt the one still living thing she holds most dear...

"Did I err in not seeking out the aid of the LMBP before now? Will they listen to me? Trust me?"

The one called LardLad seemed taken with her. If she could find him, there might be hope...

--------------------
death becomes me

From: Shangalla | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{in another section of the castle...}

My quest to find the one whom I am supposed to marry brings me here...to this strangely familiar place. It is so much like my own home 1,000 years in the future! Can this "Zardi" be the one?

{she ponders another for a moment...}

The Ranger, the one called Bartholomew...he may still be the one. Yet he is still in love with the one he lost. I must seek out this Zardi, and beyond if necessary, until I know for sure.

{wonders into a garden where the mythic animals she encounters seem quite taken with her}

[ September 28, 2009, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Hot Chick ]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

In the center of the cloud castle stands building that appears to be a single massive block of marble adorned with heavily barred windows and a single solid granite door. This is Zardi's redoubt. His last line of defense. Within this fortress live his most favored retainers, Winter Fey, Minotaurs, and Satyrs from old Earth. While Psi-Felines from Cortovon VI and Gryffons from Sitris stalk the open grounds between the redoubt and the castle proper.

Inside the redoubt, the Castles Major-Domo, an ancient Minotaur named Barley Horn, is stating worriedly into a scrying pool. “The Master will not be pleased Carrie Ann. An unauthorized visitor has drunk from the 'Horn of Loki.' The backlash sent feedback down the tether and interrupted flow of power to Cack. Queen Hoo-Rah is most unhappy.”

“The Master can easily crush any objections the Cackles might raise.” his primary assistant, a small winged faerie replied in a surprisingly deep voice as he settled onto the Minotaur's right shoulder. “The damage has been repaired, but we don't know who entered the Rangarnok Room or why they did it.”

The faerie adjusted his breastplates and pulled a small scroll from his cleavage. “Near as we can measure the fool drank almost a pint of Asgardian Mead. So we'll know who it was soon enough; when he or she goes into a berserker rage that brings about half of the city below to ruin.”

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

*Knock-knock-knock*

Hello?

Would Zardoz be around?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

<Barley Horn answers the knock>

There is no one by that name in residence here. Nor has there ever been anyone by that name in residence here.

May I be of assistance?

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Yes, I hope you may.

The man claiming to be master of this place has pledged to abide by the laws and practices of our world. Yet we are receiving reports of energy disruptions to our friends and allies. Those reports suggest that this very castle is the epicenter of those disruptions.

I have been asked to investigate.

Zardi, the Eternal Man

<Barley Horn opens the door wide and gestures for Kent to enter>

The scrying pool is over here...

<A massive hand reaches down and swirls the crystal clear water in a black marble fountain. The water clouds for a brief moment then calms and shows a picture of the Castle's Rangarnok Room with the 'Horn of Loki' on it's pedistal. Behind the horn a tensioned spool of golden wire slowly moves back and forth maintaining the connection to Mount Future.>

This Castle is composed of magically altered cumulonimbus cloud matter. It continuoiusly generates electricity so when we stop moving we need to ground it out. That cable in the background is the ground wire. A few years ago Mearl Dox contacted us and requested our help in providing electrical power to the Cack Dimension.

That is where our ground line now leads.

Earlier today someone or something unknown entered the Rangarnok Room and took a long drink from the Horn of Loki. We are investigating in and attempt to discover the identity of the perpetrator.

But to your question, Moving the Horn of Loki, a very ancient and powerful artifact disrupted the Castles Magical Balance and caused the disruption of power flow to the Cack Dimension.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Thank you for your cooperation.

I hope we can keep each other informed on our respective investigations.

Once a perpetrator is discovered, there will of course be proper legalities to follow, and Legion World laws take precedence.

But...

Just how long has this castle been here? It sounds like it has been several years. I will need copies of all your permits for permanent residency of the castle, and airspace and right-of-way permits for the power line as well. Procedure; I'm sure you understand.

Zardi, the Eternal Man

<Barley Horn smiles down at Kent and shakes his massive head slowly>

Carrie Ann! Bring our guest to the records room, show him the cupcakes we received from Mearl Dox.

<The Fairie appears on Barly Horn's right shoulder and adjusts his breastplates before launching himself into the air>

You realize that our poor castle lacks the reputation and universal respect accorded to the LMBP, Mr Shakespeare. And that when the Supreme Ruler of the Universe asks a favor of us we have no choice but to comply as best we are able?

<Carrie Ann begins to glow brightly>

Follow Him, he will show you everything you need to see and make sure you don't get lost on your way out.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

My thanks, Mr. Horn.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

(seated in the records room, Kent pours through all the information he can come across. After an hours, once convinced that he is no longer being watched (and employing every tech and charm he has access to in order to monitor who is watching him), he gets up and inspects the spider webs that line the far end of the archive room.)

Aha! Zardoz was telling the truth! He does have every assortment of mythological and near-mythological creature imaginable... but he made one big mistake...

(Kent reaches into his Portable Tesserect (tm) and pulls out what appears to be an empty jar. Opening it, he speaks into it.)

Otto? We were right.

Otto?

Otto, it's time.

(a spider appears in the jar, crawls out, and pauses to look at Kent. The two eventually nod, as if a conversation had concluded. The spider crawls out into the webbing and literally vanishes.)

Well, old friend, we've got our foot in the door.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.