Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's)
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh! She's flitting hither and you freeing those she feels I have cruelly oppressed... [Self satisfied Grin] And all the while she's aiding me in drawing the real prizes into my web!

<A web of finely spun silk drops over Pagan Lass.>

The Wierd Sister will be here soon, I hope.

And STU...

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
<A tesseract door opens and Stoopid Cat leaps at Zardi, changing in mid leap from an oversized house cat to the Tiger God Avitar. A swipe of one massive paw hurls Zardi against a wall.>

You of all people should know that a witch's familiar is never far away, Zardi...

<S.C. leaps to the bound form of Pagan Lass and razor sharp claws attempt to cut away the binding webs, to no avail...>

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
<Stares at a spot behind S.C. as Zardi picks himself up. A stench of brimstone begins to permeate the air.>

Time for you to leave, Faithful One, I am lost to you for a while. Go to Abin. He...

<A flaming tentacle bursts thru the floor and wraps around Stoopid Cat's neck.>

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Why Bast chose to house the Tiger Magic in such a foolish being...

<A second flaming tentacle ships around SC's legs.>

Secure him, Chilthu. Bind him in the castle's dungeons.

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
<He can feel Pagan's will pushing him to change and flee, to take the better part of valor and return to fight another day, but...>

No! I Will Fight!

<Diamond hard claws rake at the grasping tentacles... steel muscles struggle to loosen their grip... Teeth find a purchase and bitter ichor fills his mouth... but more tentacles wrap him and soon he cannot draw a breath... Then the image of her face fills his mind and somehow he finds himself in the tesseracts, torn and bloody, weak as a newborn kitten, but alive and free...>

Find Abin! Warn Him!

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
(Brimstone.)

"That takes this to a whole different level," says Candle as she turns back to the main greatroom.

She flickers through the light, drawing her Sword of the Spirit, lowering the visor on her helm and raising her Shield of Truth.

(He's got Pagan!)

+tightly focused empathic message to Pagan+

{reasurance and hope}

Dropping the tip of her Sword, Candle runs around Pagan while staying melded with the light.
Nothing demonic can withstand the Sword of the Spirit.
The silken strands of black magic brake with angry moans of pain.

Candle throws one of the balls of illness, given to her by Infectious Lass, into Zardi's gaping mouth (fallen open in stupified rage).

The ball bursts on his tongue, showering him in a ghastly light of pestilence.
He falls to the floor in a fit of fevered chills and delusion.

"Hurry!"

Grabbing each other's hands, Candle and Pagan run into the light and disappear.

Shortly, they reappear for a few moments in the alcove behind the fireplace, between the two stairs, Candle's sanctuary.

Pagan grabs the sleeping cherubs and Candle hoists the baby Uniwhale.

Pagan whispers the same spell that got her into the castle and the women disappear.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Candle floats outside of the Cloud Castle with the Archangle [The Mighty Macaw] and many multitudes of others.

She turns to them, "The time is now. The magic users are jealous of their power and in their misguided arrogance, seek to stop me from freeing those that must be freed."

With a shout and a trumpet sounding, the angels flow through the cloud walls.

The drugged and bespelled Cherubim (and Seraphim, formally unseen by Candle) that remained in the castle when Candle left the castle before, lift their arms to be scooped up, the intrusions in their systems burned from their bodies.

And deep below, in chains of darkest night, the ArchAngels Michael and Gabriel stir as the fighting draws closer and closer to their cell.

The door bursts open and a Mighty Wind Blows through the room. The darkness that binds the angels screams in agony and dispair, melting away.
[The Mighty Macaw] Macaw steps through the doorway, followed by Candlelight.

The angels laugh.

"It's time to go, dear ones," says Candle.

Up they soar, to the great hall.

Kardi, who has recovered from Drura's illness, stands with outstretched arms held between the two largest of the angels.
Candle lifts the Sword of the Spirit from it's scabbard and points the tip against his throat.

"You may have your toys, Kardi, and your schemes and your endless avarice. At least, until the ending of you."

Michael and Gabriel step forward and glow with splendor.

"But, if you dare to touch with your foolishness another minister of the Most High Court, you will know an ending sooner than you can think possible and a bitterness that shall linger in the clouds for eternity."

The words said, Candle's Sword draws a single drop of blood.

"Your blood be upon you and your fate be sealed."
"Release him."

Kardi sinks to the floor.

"Still scheming, no doubt," she sighs.

And with that, she puts her Sword away and joins the multitudes of angels, who depart.
: [Silverwing - 75th Century] ........ [The Mighty Macaw] ........ [Argent - 75th Century]

"One last stop before this chapter is closed for me."
[Firm Concept]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

[Shikari] and Candle burst from the interstellar void that Shikari navigates so well, and drop a large beribboned box on the floor before Kardi and minions.

As they wheel and re-enter the void, Candle whispers with a smile, "Enjoy!"

Barley reaches out before Kardi can stop him and touches the box.

The ribbon unwraps.
The box falls apart.

[Mordru]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Zardi, the Eternal Man

<A ten foot square cube of inertron now sits in the center of Zardi's redoubt.>

As you can see Mordru, there is nothing to be gained by opposing me. The choice is yours, freedom and the possibility of revenge on your oldest and most bitter enemies, or eternal imprisonment.

It should be an easy decision for you to make.

[ October 04, 2009, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Zardi, the Eternal Man ]

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

We shall have important visitors soon, Barley.

Prepare the Great Hall. A Feast!

Yes, a magical feast is in order...

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<flying in on his own power, Cobalt Kid arrives at the front gates>

Greetings, servants of the Eternal Man! I have recieved an open invitation, and will not accept it. Others will be arriving shortly that will encompass my entourage. Rather than wait for them, I intend to proceed on my own first, as is my custom.

<looks around at various beings>

A fascinating array of sentients...most of them appearing magical.

<walks forward>

But they hold little interest for me. I only care about why this Castle of Clouds is here on Legion World.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Flies in behind Cobalt Kid)

Cobalt, wait!!! Last time I traveled alone in this place I was attacked.

(She feels out of sorts)

What is going on!?! Why am I feeling like this, is it this place, or is it me?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

At last, the legendary hero, Cobalt Kid, has seen fit to grace my castle with his presence.

You honor us, Sir. As does Luna of Avalon who I see has graciously accepted my invitation.

And so in both your honor, a feast has been set in the Great Hall.

Please join me at the head table. There, while we enjoy a fine diner and even finer wines, all of your questions will be answered.

This way sir and lady...

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<sensing Luna's discomfort, Cobalt reaches out and grabs her hand as if to hold it; he does not say anything so no one will be alarmed, but he looks at her in the eyes as if to reassure her>

Thank you Zardi, I am pleased to meet your acquiatance. I look forward to those questions being answered.

<Cobalt follows Zardi to the Great Hall>

I understand you are an Elder of the Universe. I have the good fortune to not have to worry about such a burden.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Yes... Although the burdens you willingly shoulder would seem to be far too heavy for a mere mundane man.

But then again you are not entirely without magic, are you?

And Luna, paradoxically both the eldest and youngeast of the wierd sisters... another bearer of an impossibly heavy burden.

Perhaps there is a way to lighten those loads. It is said that where one being falls, many together stand tall...

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.