Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
"Wow!" the LMBPer Shadowplay in Candlelight, now known as Candle, steps from the shadows as the door closes behind Kent.
"Achoo!"
"I dislike spiders, but I won'd snush this one because his name is Otto."

"Here I am, in the Archives when I'm on a cloud castle with lots of mythical stuff all over the place. I'm so outahere!" she says, opening the door a crack and peaking out.

"I wonder where that Kardi is and how to get 'authorized' to visit?" she whispers as she sneaks into the hall.

The hall is flooded with light, so instead of melting into the shadows, as she did when she materialized in the Archives, Candle flows seamlessly into the light, again disappearing.

Drifting from light to shadow, back and forth as needed, Candle wanders the halls, peeking into darkend, silent libraries and massive aviaries filled with singing and flying bodies, darting beween masses of foliage.

At the last such ayrie, she stops to watch, not the birds or the butterflies, but the faeries.

" [gasp] "

And thinking only of the wonders before her, she looses her concentration and appears, suddenly, in the hallway.

"Oh-oh!" and glances around, shuddering.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
NOTHING THERE!

"Halleluiah," Candle whispers, melding again with the light.

She searches with her mind, to find someone to tell her if it's all right for her to be in this story.
She sends a few empathic messages and impressions around Legion World, but can't find anyone who can give her permission.

Then, feeling very tired, she floats through the light to nestle with a couple of sleeping faery children. Gaudy pinks and oranges, signs of their newness of life, are wrapped around them like cashmere blankets.

"They smell like orange blossom honey and cinnamon . . ., soft as neutria fur . . .."

Curling up around them, she counts, "One [Proty] , two [Proty] [Proty] , three [Proty] [Proty] zzzzzz."

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... It seems we have a visitor... It would be inhospitable to interrupt her sleep, so...

<He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small bag of golden dust.>

A few grains of sleep-sand should be sufficient...

<He sprinkles a tiny amount over Candle's sleeping form and a golden vail settles over her.>

Barley, please move her to the North Tower. I sense that there is far more of Glinda than Esmeralda in her... Let her sleep for a few hours then send some cherubs and a unicorn to wake her with a breakfast of Berries and royal jelly...

She will be a fine addition to our family...

[ September 28, 2009, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Zardi, the Eternal Man ]

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
long after Kent has finished his research, he keeps finding new excuses to stay. There are thousands of years of old tomes in these vaults, volumes no one could possibly (based on the dust and webs) could have looked at in many a lifetime.

it occurs to him that he should leave, report back to MWF, but like an addiction, Kent cannot pry himself out of the room. Otto looks down from afar and sees what his friend and employer cannot: Kent is bespelled, magickally unwilling to leave.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
One more thing Barley... actually two.

I have been sensing a... ghostly presence... have Carrie Ann deploy the Dreamcatchers...

And tell the kitchen to send a tray to the records vault every six hours or so... I believe our friend Mr. Shakespeare has become engrossed in his research. Have a cot and some sleeping silks placed in there also...

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{riding unicorns in the garden she's found}

Surely, the one who rules this kingdom in the clouds is a fine, beneficent ruler!

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

<Zardi is standing in his central chamber watching Hot Chick in the scrying pool.>

There is something decidedly odd about this one... I don't trust her... But, it's far too soon to take any overt actions.

Send one of the Fairie Princes into the garden, promise him a human harem if he can seduce her within the next six hours. I doubt she's a virgin, so his love binding won't hold for more than 72 Hours, but that should buy us the time we need.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(outside the Castle, a wind forms into Luna, she flies into the entrance)

I think that Zardi entered the Security building just as I left. I do not believe this mans intentions are for the good of Legion World, I mean me...dammit.

(Luna walks around and sees being she has not seen since she was fresh to the realm of men)

This is odd, I thought mortals did many of their natural mystic beings in. Time to wonder that another later, I need to find Kent. This place is strong, I dare not try to tap into it to feed my spells, I shall have to hope that I can still find him with my sense blocked.

(Luna walks down, when a path seems to open next to her, she feels like it has always been there, but can't recall seeing it when she came in, against her better judgment, she enters the path)

Kent?!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

<Behind MysticLuna Barly Horn watches her turn down the path that just opened before her.>

The Master was right... A Wierd Sister.

Carrie Ann, prepare the cauldron, we'll need a vat of healing potion before this is done...

--------------------

Legolas
Elfin Prince

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legolas           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Zardi, the Eternal Man:
Send one of the Fairie Princes into the garden, promise him a human harem if he can seduce her within the next six hours. I doubt she's a virgin, so his love binding won't hold for more than 72 Hours, but that should buy us the time we need.

It will be done, my master.

(dons best glamours and telepathic misdirectionings, and approaches Hot Chick in the gardens)

Why, greetings, my dear. My staff did not tell me we had such an... enchanting guest awaiting me.

(reaches out, kisses her hand)

From: on the lam! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I know Kent is here, I can sense him. Though pin-pointing him will be impossible. There is so much magic here, it feels... unnatural. What is that noise, hooves?

(Luna turns around to see a Minotaur)

A little far from ancient Greece, aren't you?

I'm looking a for man name Kent Shakespeare? He's rather tall, handsome...mortal. Have you seen him? He had business here earlier.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

(hears a familiar voice in the distance, a vague echo down the labyrinth of halls)

Luna?

Luna? Is that you?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

(hears a voice that she knows well)

...Kent...

(The Minotaur's nostrils flare, Luna notices that the fairy creature on his shoulder is gone, she looks around. Then the fairy creature throws dust in her face)

~cough cough~

HUUUUUUUHHHH!!!!

(She struggles to catch her breath)

---iron---

(She blasts the two fiends with green streams of energy, but is unable to continue the assualt, the iron dust is in her lungs, for the first time, Luna now knows what it is like to suffocate...she falls to the ground)

...help m...

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

(groggily regains his senses)

wow. what's come over me?

(hears blasts down the hall)

Luna?

Hang on, Luna! I'm coming!

Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
quote:
Originally posted by Zardi, the Eternal Man:

It will be done, my master.

(dons best glamours and telepathic misdirectionings, and approaches Hot Chick in the gardens)

Why, greetings, my dear. My staff did not tell me we had such an... enchanting guest awaiting me.

(reaches out, kisses her hand)

Oh! A handsome Prince! Perhaps you are the one I will marry?

{takes off her top}

Remove your blouse and embrace me, O Prince!

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.