Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's)
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Luna takes Cobalt's hand and walks him to the Great Hall. There is a feast beyond measure.)

Avalonians do not require this food and drink as sustenance.

Right? Can I be so unsure of who I am?

(Luna departs Cobalt's hand and takes a seat)

All our questions will be answered, how quaint of you to be so open with yourself.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My Whee Fem
Plucky Girl Sidekick!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Whee Fem   Email My Whee Fem         Edit/Delete Post     
<Outside the door of the Great Hall, My slips into the servant's lounge and pulls a small portable scanner out of her pocket.>

Now to find Gladys...

--------------------
No, I was Never a Bond Girl...

From: Security Office Lobby | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MysticLuna:

...All our questions will be answered, how quaint of you to be so open with yourself.

Why should I not be open with my guests, I have naught to hide from you nor to fear from you.

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know to think you honest or pompus.

(to Cobalt)

Maybe he'll fit right in if it's the later.

(to the room)

What has brought you to Legion World, and I have no care for legalities in your answer, what drives you to bring yourself to this planet, here and now?

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm also interested in this. What motivates you to be here, Zardi?

As to any possible magic of my own, I can assure that those have always been simply rumors. The criminals and the public need to find reasons why I'm so successful in bringing down so many space-terrorists. They just don't realize I'm vindictive and politically powerful. There's no magic involved.

But to Luna's point: legalities aside, why are you interested in Legion World and its citizenry? Is it because of the vast number of LMBers who have lived here at one time or another, such as Mearl Dox, Supreme Ruler of the Universe? And if so, why come here now?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<as Cobalt sits, he pushses away all food and drink; he is careful not to accept any gift, nor to consume anything to eat or drink, including water>
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

What has brought you to Legion World, and I have no care for legalities in your answer, what drives you to bring yourself to this planet, here and now?

Why you do, Luna. You and Cobalt and Pagan Lass and STU and Candle and the Cackles and so many others...

Legion World has one of the highest populations of magical beings in the galaxy.

All magical beings are in constant danger. The more there are on any given world, the greater the danger.

Where the danger is greatest... there you will find my family and I. Offering safety and protection to those magical beings in need of our aid.

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<Cobalt smiles>

I appreciate the concern, Eternal One. But you need not worry. We can protect ourselves here, on Legion World.

In fact, we'd rather not accept your protection, and keep out on our own. Less we be smothered and lose the light that keeps our magics aflame.

<smiles to everyone in the groom, but its not the smile of one charming someone; its a little wolfish>

Is there an additional danger approaching we should be aware of? Because otherwise, we are glad to give you showcases of our many talents, but certainly have no intentions of accepting additional protection other than what we've already in place.

Tempest
Enchantress

I cannot speak for all the magical beings on Legion World. But we have faced many dangers. I myself have dealt with many a great conflicts since my birth, which was not a small time ago (I think)...

What makes you believe that we are incapable of defending ourselves? What makes you believe that you are so much stronger than us and more suited for that job?

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm also interested in this. What motivates you to be here, Zardi?

As to any possible magic of my own, I can assure that those have always been simply rumors. The criminals and the public need to find reasons why I'm so successful in bringing down so many space-terrorists. They just don't realize I'm vindictive and politically powerful. There's no magic involved.

But to Luna's point: legalities aside, why are you interested in Legion World and its citizenry? Is it because of the vast number of LMBers who have lived here at one time or another, such as Mearl Dox, Supreme Ruler of the Universe? And if so, why come here now?

No Magic? Your healing touch is gone? I think not...

Mearl Dox contacted me quite some time ago... It seems she has chosen her successor and placed the young lady in the care of a family on Legion World.

I did not ask the name of the chosen one. As you are well aware certain lines of questioning are not... tolerated... by the Supreme Ruler of the Universe and I have no desire to explore the interior of your sun in corpus.

I was to ensure that certain magical protections were placed around this world and to maintain those protections for a period of ten of your years...

At the end of that time period, I am free to stay or leave, depending on the desires of the duly elected LMBP leadership. And if I leave I am free to take with me any magical beings who express the desire to join my family.

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
<Cobalt smiles>

I appreciate the concern, Eternal One. But you need not worry. We can protect ourselves here, on Legion World.

In fact, we'd rather not accept your protection, and keep out on our own. Less we be smothered and lose the light that keeps our magics aflame.

<smiles to everyone in the groom, but its not the smile of one charming someone; its a little wolfish>

Is there an additional danger approaching we should be aware of? Because otherwise, we are glad to give you showcases of our many talents, but certainly have no intentions of accepting additional protection other than what we've already in place.

quote:
I cannot speak for all the magical beings on Legion World. But we have faced many dangers. I myself have dealt with many a great conflicts since my birth, which was not a small time ago (I think)...

What makes you believe that we are incapable of defending ourselves? What makes you believe that you are so much stronger than us and more suited for that job?

My protection is not yours to accept or reject... It simply is. And I might add the matter was taken out of your hands when Mearl Dox contracted for my services.

Luna the filings from the edge of a steel sword can lay you low... I however cannot be affected by anything that is within your power to bring to bear against me.

Hold your temper Cobalt...

You ask what I can protect you from?

Were you aware that Gladys, the Sparkleopticon, is pregnant again?

Do you know the father's identity?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<eyebrows raise>

I was not aware, no. As to the father, I haven't a clue. I do have an in-depth knowledge of Sparkleopticon physiology and I agree the birth of another such being is of course means for at least maintaing some oversight. But surely we can handle that on our own.

<smiles at Luna, and turns back to Zardi>

There is no need for friction between yourself and the noble Weird Sister by my side. If you intend to stay peacefully, I fully welcome you to Legion World. I do not, of course, grant or recognize any authority you may have here in harming, prosecuting or bothering any of its citizens.

You say you do not know the name of the chosen girl?

<smiles>

That is good. Her name should not be known to any.

<looks at plate full of food, untouched>

I regret my appetite isn't fully quite there yet after my recent battles with Ol-Vir. It seems, however, that if your intentions are as you say they are, then you really aren't threatening at all, and well within your rights. Provided you do not intend to bring any citizens on Legion World here against their will.

Perhaps you can tell me about the Elvin Lord Legolas, and what we can expect from him? I note he's already visited the city.

Zardi, the Eternal Man

It's interesting that you ask about Legolas, Cobalt.

He is becoming a problem. It's not just the unauthorized attempt he made to forment trouble between your leadership and the Cacks.

Nor is it the clumsy attempt he made to trick you into using a very dangerous magical artifact.

It is also the fact that he seems to have lost all sense of propriety.

<a single gesture creates a magical viewscreen.>

Look at him.

I believe that the time has come to show you how justice is meted out here in the Cloud Castle.

[ October 04, 2009, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Zardi, the Eternal Man ]

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

(Luna listens, she watches the view screen, she turns to Cobalt)

Doesn't this remind you of a Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers like moment.

(Her face drops)

Why did I say that

(She turns to Zardi)

If you wish to reprimand one of your own, so be it. I find this to be a waste of time. I wish to leave.

Cobalt, I do not think we should linger here any longer. Let us depart, together.

(Luna removes herself from her seat and walks to the exit of the Great Hall that she entered, she turns to the Hall)

I have learned many things. I do have limitations. And so does everyone else.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hold on one second Luna, and I'll leave with you.

<turns back to Zardi>

I'm relieved to her you share equal concern regarding Legolas. Perhaps we got off to the wrong foot then, if certain denizens of Legion World accidently gave you pause for concern, while your own emissary did the same to my Office. I hope that problem can be resolved.

It sounds like you have certain ideas for your role on Legion World, and truthfully if they are exactly as you say they are, they don't seem to be in opposition to anything we stand for here. What will matter most, is your plan to execute these ideas. I have a duty to maintain the safety of Legion World's citizens, and so long as your plans do not come into conflict with that duty, we should have no problems.

I thank you, Zardi, for your hospitality. I'm sure we will have more to discuss, but in the meantime, let me reflect on what you've said and we will meet again.

Remember, the LMB Leader is Lard Lad, and he will speak for the LMB. I can only speak for the security of Legion World's citizens.

Farewell.

<walks forward and catches up to Luna, his face very stoic and hard to read>

Lets go back to the Security Office, Luna. We have much to discuss...

<exits>

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.