Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: A Castle in the Sky (complete with a Denney's)
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Signal sent to My Whee Fem explaining Cobalt's exit; she's on her own and she knows it, but Cobalt also sends her a secret code to use if needed.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Very Well, Good Day to both of you and as a further gesture of good will, the Castle is now open to both of you at all times.

<Watches them leave with a big smile on his face. That smile disapears as soon as they are out of the castle.>

Cobalt is more dangerous than I believed. And Luna is somehow keeping her chaotic nature and magic in check.

Barley, send a Gorgon and a squad of Ghouls to bring Legolas back to the castle. I want him in one piece, no serious damage, but roughing him up in public wouldn't go unrewarded...

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Barley, Carrie-Ann, with everything that has been going on I want one of the remaining dragons to be on standby outside the castle. Black Death should enjoy a little fresh air...

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Fortunately, Black Death is corporial and can only be in one place at a time. He's also not particularly fast, as 'fast' goes in the realm of the Legion.

A very small gate opens 0 and [Aviax] flies out and into the great hall.

He drops a package on the floor in front of Kardi and swerves back through the gate 0.

As the gate closes, a note flutters to the floor next to the package.

Kardi has his Security Chief pick up both and deposite them on a nearby table.

While the Chief checks the package for explosives or spells or . . ., Kardi picks up the note, which reads:
Emmissaries accepted by invitation ONLY.

The Chief opens the box and tips it's contents onto the surface of the table, a leatherlike snout and a pair of spun sugar wings come to rest there.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Well it's obvious that peaceful negotiations with the dragons is not an option.

Close the package Doom Bringer and place it in storage until our new friend Cobalt Kid's next visit.

Then we shall see if his friends actions trump our rhetoric...

--------------------

My Whee Fem
Plucky Girl Sidekick!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Whee Fem   Email My Whee Fem         Edit/Delete Post     
<In a far corner of the castle using her Cackle Abilities to fly invisibly, My Whee Fem has come across an interesting group of young ladies...>

I've got to get a closer look, but that looks like Gladys, a greenish version of Space Tart, a female Maddrox the multiple durlan clone, and Holly Honey... which is impossible cuz that time line was erased!

And they're all pregnant!

--------------------
No, I was Never a Bond Girl...

From: Security Office Lobby | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Kardi is sitting in one of his many libraries, engrossed in conversation with Carrie-Ann and Barley.

A servant walks in with a large tray filled with late night snacks and a covered dish.
The servant places the tray on the desk in front of Kardi and leaves the room, completely unnoticed by the three.

During a pause, they find the food before them and dig in.
Kardi removes the cover and finds a large bowl of fresh fruit and clotted cream.
Anchored in the cream is a note addressed to him.

"Another note," he grumbles.

The note reads:
Kardi ~
If you spent less time stealing, plotting and bullying, and MORE time studying and getting to know your 'family members', you'd know that SOME of your magical creatures can (and will), grow back from their namesakes.

And with that, in walks ~

Sugarwing and Leathersnout

Click for fullsize image

<Boy, boss, I think I'm goona pass on that emmissary gig, from now on!> says Leathersnout as he grabs a handfull of fruit and cream.

<I have to agree, Master Kardi. Being eaten is no fun!> says Sugarwing as she sits down, looking even paler than usual, <That storage room was SO cold.>

Leathersnout drools juice and cream on the beautiful rug as Sugarwing starts to throw up.

Laughter echos from far away for a brief moment, then disappears.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

Does that woman think I'm daft? None of my family members would dare to bastardize my name that way. These are but foul imatations of my loyal servants! Changelings sent to betray us after we've accepted them into our home!

Doom Bringer! Take these mockeries away from me...

<A demonic hand snatches up the pair and stuffs them into small iron cages.>

She shall not divert us from our plan. Legolas must be dealt with, but once he has been captured...

<The scrying pool in Zardi's chamber begins to bubble then clears. It shows this scene in the basement of Lardy's Lair.>

Barley, bring the infant princess's tomb up from the crypt. Place it between Black Death's front claws. Let this pale shade of Lardi do what the original could not... Let him slay the dragon to save his princess...

[ October 09, 2009, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Zardi, the Eternal Man ]

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

Barley Horn
Click for fullsize image

Carrie Ann
Click for fullsize image

It is time for the two of you to introduce yourselves to the inhabitants of Legion World...

You shall be our representatives to the Legion World Senate...

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Carrie Ann: Barley did you see what happened?

Barley: No, I was across town freeing Doom Bringer from the box Legolas trapped him in.

Carrie Ann; I don't know what that Bastich Shakespeare did... but next time... He's gonna sing soprano...

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

A [Firm Concept] opens and . . .

Click for fullsize image
. . . and . . .
Click for fullsize image

. . .fall through the opening. *

They land rather hard, one on top of the other, in the middle of the Cloud Castle's great hall.

Carrie pushes DoomB off of her and struggles to sit up, <It's a good thing that Demon's don't weigh much and that the floor here is made of cloud!>

<Hrrrrrrmmmp!!>

--------------------

Come, join me!

Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
Leathersnout and Sugarwing sit in their uncomfortable cages, thinking about the 'better days of yore'. Click for fullsize image

Quite unexpectedly [White Witch - Re-Imagined] appears before them, sparkling with good humor and power.

"Greetings, unhappy and sad little faery folk."
"I see that Kardi isn't thrilled with your regrowth, as I'd hoped he'd be."
"That's too bad, since you really AREN'T my agents, but his."

Sugarwing and Leathersnout murmur in agreement, as their cages gently swing.

"I feel responsible for your troubles. My agents were overzealous to release the Mantis hunters upon you (so soon, anyway) even though the protection of the Dragons is of utmost importance."

Mysa Nal3 pauses to consider, as the two 'emissaries to the void' look on with dawning hope.

Again, Mysa speaks,"Things are too sensitive to bring you to my court, at the moment, and as agents of Kardi, you can never really be trusted."
"But, perhaps, I can find a place on Legion World where you can be comfortable and safe until this mess is resolved."
"We shall try, anyway."

The cages melt with a whispered word and a gate opens [Firm Concept] .

The two faery step through and the gate closes. *

[White Witch - Re-Imagined] with a thoughtful smile, disappears, too.

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man

This is becoming intolerable!

Mysa Nal? Who is this Mysa Nal? And how does she just waltz into one of the most secure areas of my castle and free her captured agents without any of you even sniffing her presence!

Barley... Arrrgh! Carrie Ann!

Click for fullsize image Yes, Master?

You will act as Major Domo until Barley Horn has been retrieved, Understand this, "Fairy of Vengence," your performance during this difficult period will determine how severely you are punished for stupidly losing your temper.

Bring me the Ghost Detective and Doom Bringer.

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man

Click for fullsize image

You wanted to see me, Boss?

<Zardi gestures to the scrying pool, where the fight in the halls of the LMBP Senate is replaying, again and again...>

Yes Durwood, that weapon you see Shakespeare using, the Chronal Howitzer... is apparently unique... I cannot find anything similar anywhere in the annals of Legion World and the LMBP.

Also... Look at his belt... it's not a belt at all... it's a thought activated teleportation device.

Where did he get those weapons?

You, Durwood Helms are the greatest Detective in History (even if Sir Arthur never could get your name right).

You must find the that answer for me...

--------------------

Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
{elsewhere, having been exploring the castle and its grounds for days on end on her adopted unicorn, Hot Chick finds herself strangely drawn to one particular room and an object within it...}

What is this object I am drawn to? A mirror?

{she draws closer}

Not just any mirror---a Magic Mirror! {the mirror says}

{startled} Oh! You frightened me! {she draws closer and sees a masque-like face appear}

I apologize, milady! I exist merely to show the truth to all who behold me.

Oh, then why have I wondered this land aimlessly all these days when I came to seek the one called Zardi?

'Tis the nature of the enchantment of this place, milady, to ensnare those who visit with its charms!

Is Zardi the husband whom I seek?

'Tis a false mission you undergo, milady. 'Tis a false face you wear!

A...false face?

Verily, milady. You bear an enchantment most complex, one meant to hide your true identity for reasons unknown.

Can you...can you show me my true face?

Regrettably, I cannot, milady. This humble Mirror can sense the enchantment's presence, but not the truth underneath. A thousand pardons for my shortcomings, milady.

I am fearful of your revelation but emboldened by the clarity it brings, Magic Mirror. I will leave this room with renewed purpose, to fight the hold this place has over me and to seek the truth.

I am very certain you shall find that which you seek, milady.

Thank you for everything, kind Mirror. {leaves room}

Good journey to you, milady. You shall indeed find what you seek...but I am equally certain that little good will come of it......

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.