Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary! (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary!
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Dev, if i win the lottery...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mogli
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mogli   Email mogli         Edit/Delete Post     
All right! Mechana has just become the latest person to be added to our target list for comic-con 2013.

With MLLASH getting on a plane to San Diego for the first time, comic-con 2013 officially has momentum!

From: San Diego, CA. USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
here's my dirty little secret... I actually have flown 2 times previously in my life. Both times were to Florida and both flights were only an hour so I didn't have time to get too scared and nervous before it was time to land.

What really freaked me out is, that second trip to Fort Lauderdale? It was on ValueJet in the mid-90s when my then-boyfirend and I were going to the Bahamas.

One year to the day later, that same flight to Fort Lauderdale crashed in the Florida everglades. No survivors, many bodies never found. ValueJet went out of business shortly thereafter as I recall. Dave and I were both freaked by that back then. I've been a road-tripper only ever since.

Then a few years later, along came 9/11, reinforcing my growing fear of flying.

So this will be a pretty big deal for me. I am looking at it as a conquering of fear as well as a gathering of good friends who *need* to meet!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
If Chicago was before San D, i would join you and sit next to you on the flight.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Info about the crash I spoke of.

It may not have been the exact plane we took, but there's a good chance it was. But the date of it and it being the same company is still fright-worthy.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Ummm...this is your dirty little secret? I was thinkin it woulda been more juicy.

Glad you're alright though, but flying is safe.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well I thought it might be considered a little dirty since I'm so anti-airplanes people might be shocked to know I have flown before. [Smile]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I was hoping for something more along the lines of...

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
...as is well-known I prefer doodling girls.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
here's my dirty little secret... I actually have flown 2 times previously in my life. Both times were to Florida and both flights were only an hour so I didn't have time to get too scared and nervous before it was time to land.

What really freaked me out is, that second trip to Fort Lauderdale? It was on ValueJet in the mid-90s when my then-boyfirend and I were going to the Bahamas.

One year to the day later, that same flight to Fort Lauderdale crashed in the Florida everglades. No survivors, many bodies never found. ValueJet went out of business shortly thereafter as I recall. Dave and I were both freaked by that back then. I've been a road-tripper only ever since.

Then a few years later, along came 9/11, reinforcing my growing fear of flying.

So this will be a pretty big deal for me. I am looking at it as a conquering of fear as well as a gathering of good friends who *need* to meet!

Back in 1988, just weeks before my father was going to fly to Poland with my niece, the Lockerbie bombing occurred. I am not sure if he was booked on the same airline or not. My sister-in-law was extremely nervous about letting her daughter fly so soon after the bombing. Dad was "If it's going to happen, it'll happen. Can't let that stop us." Apprehensively, my sister-in-law let my niece go.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Mark Waid and his wife stopped by today and was really complimentary towards the site and the fact that we are keeping Legion fandom alive here and on Facebook.

He really loved the rockets and the rings. [Smile]

Score! Woohoo! Well-deserved recognition [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, I know statistics and stuff don't always help soothe nerves, but -

http://suite101.com/article/airline-safety-a129826
http://www.executivetravelmagazine.com/articles/why-airplanes-are-safe

Airplane crashes are less frequent than car crashes, even controlling for the fact that there are more cars and land vehicles. Of course, airplane accidents usually affect more people and are bigger when they do happen, but... they don't happen as often [Smile]

And if it helps, you can always focus on the cute flight attendants [Wink]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mogli
Applicant

Quislet, Jerry, and He Who Wanders, are the latest to be added to our target list coming to San Diego for our 10 Year Anniversary of Legionworld.

Here is our list so far:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
MLLASH
rtvu2
Kent Shakespeare
Mechana
Quislet, Esq
Jerry
He Who Wanders

[ July 22, 2012, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: mogli ]

From: San Diego, CA. USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mogli
Applicant

All right! Fat Cramer has just joined the list!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Just to be clear. I am a tentative.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Just to be clear. I am a tentative.

Everybody's tentative at this point. [Smile]

Over lunch today with both Kabir and Matilda, we decided to plan dinner activities and things outside of the Con. We are going to have a tenth anniversary cake made and we'll have it either on Thursday or Friday night of that weekend.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.