Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary! (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Mark Waid and his wife stopped by today and was really complimentary towards the site and the fact that we are keeping Legion fandom alive here and on Facebook.

He really loved the rockets and the rings. [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
SWEET!!!!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mogli
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mogli   Email mogli         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
With that announcement, I am in. No way I would miss that!

Cool. Will add you to our target list. 366 days to go for comic-con 2013 (July 17-21, 2013).

Registration begins in August. Will send a reminder to everyone.

From: San Diego, CA. USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I took some videos from the table as I couldn't get the webcam to provide live coverage on my new laptop.

I'll post them when I get the time and will try to fix that issue for next year's Con.

Some great reasons to gather at the San Diego Comic-Con for next year (and the years to come) -

• An opportunity to meet me and many other great Legion World members
  • A chance to help out with the table and meet other Legion fans
  • A chance to meet creators and get sketches and autographs
  • If enough of us come and want to participate, we could organize a panel (which could help get some badges)
  • Downtown San Diego becomes a comic book paradise even without a badge - shops and parking lots are taken over by everyone from Archie comics to CNET to the SyFy channel
  • Free stuff! Including all of our table giveaways!
  • Dinners and meet ups with the gang from Legion World!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I love the panel idea!
Especially if we had some sort of project attached to it.

hmm.... how about a fan-produced book? can we find a fresh angle that Glen Cadigan or others haven't done?

It could promote LW, and LSH fandom in general. It could be done by one of the print-by-demand vanity press companies.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Good idea. No one has really done a "Who's Who" type thing of just Legion members in awhile. I'm thinking along the lines of the AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS #9, but updated to the present time.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I like! opportunity for our artists to draw, and our writers to do up some bios.

Collectables for ourselves, and for fandom in general!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mogli
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mogli   Email mogli         Edit/Delete Post     
Love your enthusiasm! We totally need that for comic-con 2013. I am taking the liberty of adding you to our target list.

Here is our latest list:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
MLLASH
rtvu2
Kent Shakespeare

[ July 20, 2012, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: mogli ]

From: San Diego, CA. USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Mark Waid and his wife stopped by today and was really complimentary towards the site and the fact that we are keeping Legion fandom alive here and on Facebook.

He really loved the rockets and the rings. [Smile]

That is so cool! Mark Waid wrote some of my favorite

Click Here For A Spoilerand my least favorite *ahem* the Threeboot

Legion comics ever so to know he supports this site is awesome. And those rings and especially the rockets really are great. I wish I could make it over there to pick one up.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by mogli:
Love your enthusiasm! We totally need that for comic-con 2013. I am taking the liberty of adding you to our target list.

Here is our latest list:

Nightcrawler
Mogli
Abin Quank
Director Lad
Lauren Lass
Amanda Girl
Invisible Brainiac
Blaze
Monkey-Eater Lad
MLLASH
rtvu2
Kent Shakespeare

Yes, I am giving serious thought to doing both Chi and San D.

It would probably take something like this book project and
the panel to get me inside the con itself, though.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It looks like at this point I'm going to San Diego in 2013. And it also appears like I will be flying, so I'm going to need you all to talk me off the ledge before I get on that airplane. I'm not kidding when I say I would be LESS afraid of being robbed at gunpoint.

Also, it should be noted that I still plan to hit the Chicago gathering in 2013. More than likely by "mega-bus" which will be much less terrifying for me. Unless no one picks me up at the bus station.

Your old buddy MLLASH may not travel much but once he does, he goes all-out with it!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Have a cocktail at the airport to calm the nerves before getting on the flight. Not enough to get you drunk. Just enough to relax. Get some head phones and chill music to take your mind away during the flight. I usually take Stevie Wonder or light jazz. Then, just get your butt on the plane and go with the flow. You'll do just fine...

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
...and remind yourself that flying is still incredibly safer than driving. The worst part is the hassles at the airport and weather delays. The actual flight is quite enjoyable.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Love flying. If anyone wants to spring for a ticket...I could be there. [Wink]
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Lashie, flying, as FC notes, is just aout the safest mde of transit. The fear comes from the perception of not being in control, I think, nor even knowing the pilots. But those pilotsare we-trained, much more than even the most aredevil of racecar drivers, and have done so much flying they knowall the ins and outs. Even if it is your first flight, it may well be their 10,000th.

For what it is worth, my. Very firs flight was to san d, at age17, and i was scared, too. Have at drink or two, try to relax, try to strike up a conversation with whomever you are sitting near, and load your mp3player with calm but pleasant music.

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.