Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary!
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
jealous of all that are there because I want to be there! Have a great time and tell us what DC freebies are out there that you get!
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Comicon International 2011 update: Pbs made it, hung out with Nighty, got a stress ball (which is awesome) and buttons, and a Cham bag to carry it all in (which is also awesome).

Passed by the Regal Beagle (!!!) on the way back to my hotel, that has an awesome bar with a live band that plays 'the girl from ipanema' but calls it 'the girl from west covina' LOL.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, that's going to be so much fun. Enjoy, and take pics for us!

My extremely cool aunt and uncle are going, so I asked them to drop by the booth for me. I feel like a greedy kid. Can't wait for 2013!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Keep us updated! Have a blast! Someone get blackout drunk on night one!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Day 1 from my side:

- Jet-lagged Sharky didn't notice my snoring (!)

- Legion World table is awesome (as always, thanks to Nighty)

- Panels w/Grant Morrison (hilarious), Roy Thomas, Paul Levitz, and the first of four "Relaunch" panels w/Didio (exhausting). The latter did feature a couple of pages from the new Legion title... looks great.

- Randomly met a shaved headed Judd Winick.

- Met Legion World poster, veryvery, from the "Super Future Friends" podcast who gave me a cool Lana Lang sketch and, if all goes well, will be joining us when we get together for the group dinner.

- Had a smaller dinner tonight w/ Sharky and Peebs (martini for me, beer for Peebs, and water for Sharky - got to keep those gills hydrated, you know).

- Filled a bunch of gaps in the comic collection (including the first Legion origin issue)

- Walked a TON (according to the pedometer - 9 1/2 miles... those feet are killing me)

- Director Lad has the board's coolest facial hair... bar none!

- Can't wait until tomorrow! [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Keep us updated! Have a blast! Someone get blackout drunk on night one!

And someone stay whiteout sober to report on all the events!

Have fun, all you lucky participants. Wish I could have joined you.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
no blackout drunkeness yet.

Yesterday was fun, I waited in line for Sarah Michelle Geller's panel for 2 hours only to make it half way through the line.

I at first saw a line with about 25 people in it, and was like oh that's short ... i'll leisurely east my sandwich. Turns out that line was for the deaf and disabled. (not the dimwits like me)

I finally found my proper line .... which was endless. It was by far the longest line i have ever even seen, it ran way out past the convention center out into the harbor! (then i ran with my food in my hands to the end of the line ... it was kinda like LOTR)

So, there were some warning signs .... as the people in front of me were in line for something at 530 and the panel i wanted to make was at 145 ...

not only did this line go out to the harbor, once we reached the convention center again, the line stretched all the way up and down the convention center (which is many blocks long) TWICE.

I did stick it out until about 245 just for the total experience. (hysterical laughing at the ridiculousness, anger, frustration, hysterical laughter again, sadness over never being able to see the SMG)

Then I walked around a bit more, (saw Xander from Buffy, and a couple actors from Star Trek Voyager) Went to a roy thomas panel, sat through a Mad Magazine panel which was pretty good actually, and then there was a Paul Levitz panel with a good Legion World representation. It was partly moderated by Marv Wolfman but he didnt talk about his own work. It was mostly about Paul's career and start in comics way back when.

i haven't had time to shop yet for comics, or get much freebies. I will though!!!

The highlight so far has been hanging out with other Legion Worlders. We need more get togethers!

I seem to have caught Shark Lad and Exnihil's jet lag since I woke up at 6 am. (or maybe I'm just too excited for comic con)

It's already been madness at the convention, i can not imagine how it will be once saturday comes.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
so PB, were all the pens confiscated from the people waiting in line?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Exnihil brought me an invaluable vinyl record of the Legion of Super-Heroes song "The Great Name Dropper yesterday!

Thanks again Ex!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Stopped by the table dressed as Admiral Akbar, this afternoon to bring Nighty and Mogli a belated Christmas card I found on my desk recent. The schwag is j'amazing, well done!.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Day 2 from my side:

- More subdued; less walking - only 7 1/2 miles today!

- Did a little celeb sighting. Talked to a couple former contestants from the Amazing Race (never know when inside info might come in handy [Wink] )

- Got a very special photo for a certain Buck Rogers fan on this board... posting to follow Monday

- Went to an Alan Davis panel; nice fellow - very forthcoming

- Cheaply filled some more holes in the collection, including one of my long sought after issues, "The Superman Super-Spectacular!" This is the infamous issue in which Supes reveals his secret identity to JFK... but had the misfortune of being published shortly after JFK had been shot.

- Went to lunch with Sharky and Peebs, then wandered around a bit with the two outside of the Convention. We went to Seaport Village for some great photo ops.

- Caught up with Jeff Moy and comissioned a sketch of Ayla Ranzz (complete with "Moy Tongue"). In talking with Moy, he told me that he and his brother Phillip are going to be handling the art chores on a six issue miniseries from IDW starting in OCT: A Legion of Superheroes/Star Trek crossover!

- Saw the new DC animated film, "Batman: Year One". Fairly faithful adaptation but a bit "meh" on the action quotient as a result.

- Looking forward to tomorrow... a Deepak Chopra/Grant Morrison panel... mind blown!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Monkey Eater has arrived and will be signing at the booth for the next hour.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Yesterday, I was wiped out but here's the summary of the panels I went to :

There are some morsels I picked up from the DC 52 Panel.

I 'm too tired to write everything out in a digested form but here are some tidbits. (soem may call them spoilers)

Click Here For A SpoilerPower Girl will be in Mr. Terrific. No issue numbers were given though, or what form she would be in. I think they actually said Karen Star not 'PG'.

Wonder Woman
Click Here For A Spoilermay not be single [shrug]

Superman Click Here For A Spoilerdosn't have Lois yet, they said the fact that Clark dosn't have Lois is critical to the character's motivation and complexity

Titans
Click Here For A SpoilerNo Wally, No Donna ... It's not looking good for the Titans

Gay characters
Batwoman is a lesbian, Apollo and Midnighter are a gay couple, and Voodoo will be bisexual. But I wonder how much airtime the apollo midnighter relationship will get … or if it will just be their prior relationship. Published under a previous line.

They aren't creating any new characters now, they are waiting to see how these characters do.

No JSA for now, they're taking a rest.

In general it seems like they want to change the energy of their line, start fresh but, they said most of the existing story lines happened (such as the killing joke, Doomsday) and they said to trust Gail Simone's story for Barbara Gordon.

Aquaman's supposed to be more of a badass.

Batgirl
Click Here For A SpoilerStephanie Brown will be in gotham ... in some form, whatever that means.

--------------------------------------------------

X-Men Panel (X Line Panel)

The X-Men schism story concludes in october, as does the avenger's children's crusade, as does fear itself.

so DC in September and Marvel in October.

The schism story divides the mutants via
Click Here For A Spoilerteam cyclops and team wolverine.

and it looks like somebody dies
Click Here For A Spoilercyclops. but i don't know for 100%. they said he might not be around or something several times

after october starts 'X-Men Regenesis event'. with two camps of muties.

so they're trying to say that the new dichodomy is cyclops and wolvie instead of prof x and magneto but they havent said exactly what the schism is over. what their arguments may be.

personally i think

Click Here For A Spoilerjean comes back through hope or something

OH and a big thing, i'm kinda thinking is a non event
Click Here For A Spoilerfrackers are ending uncanny x-men after all this time and starting at uncanny x-men #1 after their petty schism event.

UNCANY X-FORCE got a lot of cheers.

Click Here For A Spoilerseems like some or a lot of characters are coming over from the age of apocalypse dimension (specifically nighty seems to be the crowds supposition) (and sounds like jean too?) and the age of apocalypse may be an ongoing thing ... there's also gonna be some new horsemen of the apocalypse

X-Factor is going to have some big changes after these storylines concludes Click Here For A Spoileri think if mutants arise again and have powers maybe their mission changes?

Ritor
Click Here For A Spoilerabout x-factor 230 rahne gives birth and there's a shocking death.

Rictor's powers are indeed back permanently ... i was afraid it was a dream or hoax but it will be issue 225 before the x-factor plot catches up with avengers childrens crusade

There's also going to be a 20th anniversary recolored release of x-men #1. which sold 8.2 million copies they said ... and boasted that nothing in september will sell that. that's what they said. It's the top selling comic of all time. i bought it.

(i also dropped the x-men i had been reading since i was five a few issues after X-Men #1 when chris claremont left... and it sounds like he was pushed out .. which led to my quitting comics for many years in the 90s) but you know. [shrug]

Deadpool
there's going to be an evil deadpool which is the combination of all the body parts he's lost over the years. he has two right hands. (im not making this up)

More Uncanny X-force:

They may be taking Betsy back to otherworld soon. The writer chooses for her not to be telekinetic or have all her other crazy powers. And more Rahne Rictor Shatterstar love triangle.

Cable is also dead still.

Runaways as a title is resting now but some characters may pop up here and there.

after October the X-Men/Muties/X-Books will have a much larger role in the Marvel Universe ... but they've been forshadowing that.

And the biggest news to me:

DAKEN is pronouced DAHKEN. not DAYKEN. weird.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

double post. bad internet.

[ July 24, 2011, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Last Night:

Sharky and I were waiting in the very long line to get into the hall to watch the premiere of Batman Year One. When .... an angel comes over us and says she has two reentry tickets to the hall, she was in there before and they gave her reentry tickets and we could have them.

It took us a moment to understand just what she was saying ...

and then we were like "YESSSS!!!"

so we've got two tickets to the hall, but there's three of us including EX ... so we thought only two of us could get in but .... we were waiting in the 'reentry' line ... and there was some drama about them changing their mind about letting in the people with reentry tickets again, and finally they said 'ok, reentry tickets can go back in' and everyone rushed the door. .... and Pbs (without a ticket) .... snuck in behind EX and Sharky as everyone was rushing through the door.

... and we got awesome seats because the hall was basically empty as they hadn't started letting people in yet.

The movie was pretty good too. [Wink]

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.