Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   
Author Topic: San Diego Comi-Con International...Save for 2013, our 10 Year Anniversary!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Today, I woke up late, couldn't find parking, stopped by the table, slaughtered Mandalorians by the thousands, stalked Marina Sirtis, took lots of pictures of people in costume, went shopping for comics with EX and Sharky, went to an LGBT in comics panel, had dinner with the amazing Legion Worlders.

Tomorrow's the last day. [Frown]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Day 3 from my side:

- Walking diminished again, but by a less noticible factor - down to "just" 7 miles.

- Went to an amazing panel with Deepak Chopra and Grant Morrison discussing the spiritual element of the comic hero... sort of modern reenvisioning of mythological stories. At the tail end Chopra led the audience in a heart chakra meditation where we envisioned our inner hero and attemped to actualize it in the world. It may sound offbeat, but it was very moving.

- Stood in line w/Sharky for a "Community" panel for TWO HOURS... after which we did not get in. No foul, though, it was a very pleasant wait next to the harbor, and was really nice to spend some time actually getting some fresh air.

- A little more wandering the floor. Picked up my Jeff Moy sketch of Ayla... so cute. [Smile]

- Spent a lot more time at the LW table today pressing the flesh.

- Took tons of photos and quite a bit of video for a side venture... more on which later.

- And wrapped up the day with my favorite part, the LW dinner. In attendence were myself, Sharky, Peebs, Nighty, Mowgli, Monkey-Eater Lad, Director Lad, and Nighty's charming friend Mathilda... who was kind enough to act as our group photographer.

- I head out tomorrow, but the rest of the gang should have some more tidbits. Thanks to evryone for such a wonderful time, and especially Nighty, who made sure our representation there was both positive and smooth. LLLW!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to hear so much fun was had! Wish I could of joined y'all. Hopefully I'll be able to for 2012!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Sunday was a blur, I think everyone was tired, I didn't really take notes on the panels so my memory is hazy.

CBR has the panels covered pretty well though.

I went to a Marvel panel ... I think the entire panel was hung over, the moderator had a raspy voice and was holding onto the podium for dear life.

One thing about Hulk :

Click Here For A SpoilerHe will eb split from Banner (again) but this time Hulk will have to leave his idyllic life in the savage land to stop an evil Banner.

Other than that there is a major character returning out of Fear Itselfs ending. I think they said this person was powerless and the entire Marvel U is going to be after them. [shrug]

here's an article of the Marvel Panel:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33530

and more in depth:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33529

They announced a New Defenders title with Red She Hulk, Dr Strange, Iron Fist, Silver Surfer, and Namor, and they said some others but didnt say who.

I like Jennifer Walters as She Hulk personally, anyway, we are supposed to learn why Iron Fist's costume is white, and get to see Dr Strange do martial arts and all the other stuff he can do besides magic.

and they have this whole thing about recovering the hammers from Fear Itself, everybody wants one, I guess Valkyrie plays a big role.

Niko of the Runaways may be returning in a new Marvel Title.

After, I went to a panel on the DCU Costumes.

the iamges can be seen here:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33553&ref=nf

I like some fo them like Batgirl and Superboy but, some don't seem very new, and some seem very 90s ... (looking at you bart)

anyway Supergirl
Click Here For A SpoilerIs going to have slightly different powers from Superman and is going to be on the run the isntant she hits the planet

not sure about her lack of knee pads costume, but it seems inspired by her long sleeve costume she wore in the legion and anything beats that bare midriff one.

Many of the images in the article aren't the final ones, I prefer the Wonder Girl designs to what we're getting. and Black Canary's is different too. Harley Quinn's costume got boos.

I really like this sketch of Mon-El and Ultra Boy's new(ish) costumes.

After that panel, was a DC 52 panel which got some very aggressive questions from the audience about the lack of diversity in the new 52. Other than that I don't think anything new was offered.

Barbara Gordon will be younger, but still brilliant, and here history will be dealt with over time. Gail Simone was on the panel.

Firestorm
Click Here For A SpoilerIt seems like Firestorm is some sort of global (defense) weapon, so i'm not sure if there a dozons of Firestorms or just a few but, there's definatley more than one, and the main character of the book is a young guy.

Here's a far better article of the DC52 panel than the story i'm telling. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33532

The Flash
Click Here For A Spoilerand Iris Allen aren't married (I think he's dating someone else) but this is a young flash and he has lots of time to get together with Iris.

also Stormwatch's Apollo and Midnighter
Click Here For A Spoilerare still gay but haven't fallen in love yet, so there will be some dating and romance as they get together

After that, we just hung out and walked around the floor one more time. and I drove the long way back to reality. [Big Grin]

[ July 26, 2011, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
Glad to hear so much fun was had! Wish I could of joined y'all. Hopefully I'll be able to for 2012!

You and me both, ActorLad!

Thanks for the news and recaps, everyone. Can't wait to see pictures!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Robin by Francis Manapul

-

Well worth the two hour wait...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Unpinning thread now. If you'd like the thread to be re-pinned, please PM me or another MMB mod. Thanks.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Re-Pinned.

Legion World will continue to have a table at San Diego Comic Con each year including 2012 and the infamous 2013!

Each year, we will be giving out cool goodies. Hopefully, everyone can stop by and hang out and enjoy the serenity of the San Diego Comic Con.

Our ten-year anniversary is 2013, so please save up for that one!

This year and in 2013 (save up!), we'll be handing out these -

-  -

- as well as several other cool items (some from last year, some new).

It'd be nice to have as many members attend as possible. I've had to "hire" volunteers from my work this year to man the table which is all kinds of sad and it would be more pathetic to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Legion World without any LWers in attendance except me and Kabir.

[ May 15, 2012, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone that is going to be there willing to get something for me (actually a gift for my daughter)?

Money to be sent before or after...up to you.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Dev, let me know what it is and we'll see what we can do. Is it an exclusive?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah.

It's the Tiny Titans set in the link here:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2012_SDCC_products

If you can, that would be beyond awesome. If you can't...no worries.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be there both years. Hopefully that doesn't scare too many others away. [LOL]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Yeah.

It's the Tiny Titans set in the link here:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2012_SDCC_products

If you can, that would be beyond awesome. If you can't...no worries.

Ah, Mattel exclusives. I'll see what I can do.

And looking forward to seeing you Chuck! (Your PMs are full)

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Should be room now.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Mucho appreciated Nighty.
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.