Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » AfterSHADOWing

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AfterSHADOWing
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<The flat of Exnihil. We see Ex sitting in his chair with an evil grin about to dial a number on his Omnicom>

Silent voice of the black diamond: LET ME GUESS... YOU'RE PLANNING TO DIAL IN A FALSE ALARM TO THE LEGION WORLD FIRE DEPARTMENT?

Exnihilo: No... something far more EEEEEVIL! I'll be calling Actor Lad's Cool Luau and having forty Hawaiian style pizzas delivered to...

Silent voice of the black diamond <interrupting>: ENOUGH!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WAS THINKING CHOOSING YOU TO CHANNEL THE POWER OF THE ECLIPSE! YOU ARE - BY FAR - THE MOST INCOMPETENT FOOL EVER TO WIELD THE BLACK DIAMOND!

Exnihilo: Wha... I... well, that's just mean.

Silent voice of the black diamond <interrupting>: MEAN?!?! OF COURSE IT'S MEAN!!! THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF EVIL! A POINT THAT - GIVEN YOUR PERFORMANCES AT CRAMERS, AT SHAKES, AND AT COBALT'S STATUE - YOU HAVE SHOWN TO BE ENTIRELY INCAPABLE OF GRASPING!

Exnihilo: I could try harder... what about a round of mailbox baseball?

Silent voice of the black diamond <interrupting>: SIIIIGH... YOU KNOW WHAT... THIS ISN'T WORKING OUT...JUST FORGET IT...IT'S NOT YOU... IT'S ME...

<in a instant, the power of the eclipse begins to drain from Exnihilo, withdrawing back into the black diamond. Ex's features relax - the shadow of evil pulling back as, once again, his old self reemerges>

-

|

|

|

|

|

|

-

<Ex takes a deep breath, relieved to once again be in charge of his own facilities. He sits on the floor regarding the diamond in his hand, as his faithful dog, Pippin, trots up to sniff it>

-

Ex: No, buddy... it's not a treat. <then to himself> No...it's definitely not a treat.

<he turns the diamond over in his hand, shaking his head>

Ex <as if speaking to the diamond itself>: So... what was this about? Nothing about this whole charade is anything like you. If I hadn't felt your presence myself, old friend, I never would have believed it. What are you up to? This is just sloppy, sloppy work.

<he thinks>

Ex: Unless... unless that was the whole point.

<suddenly standing up, Ex places the diamond down on the table. He picks his Omnicom back up and punches in a code. Someone answers on the other end>

Ex: Can you talk... No, not over this line, it's time to meet... Yeah, yeah, the whole "eclipse" thing is over... Well, it looks like our plan is finally starting to bear fruit... Yep... I was right, it was him... I know, I know, I wouldn't have thought he'd be so transparent, there's got to be more going on here... A few hours from now... Yeah... Same place, see you then... Bye.

<Ex disconnects the com and starts pulling his coat on. He smiles at his dog>

Ex: All right, you be a good boy now, Pip... Daddy will be home later.... I've got to go see a friend.

<Ex heads out the door in a hurry>

[...TO BE CONTINUED IN THE BITS OF LEGIONNAIRE BUSINESS FORUM...]

A couple hours later...

<A bored Pippin wanders around the room, stopping at the coffee table. He cocks his head sideways at the black diamond sitting there and sniffs it again. Making sure no one is looking, he puts one paw up and - although he's been told not to - eats the black diamond shaped treat>

<The moonlight falls through the window, catching Pippin's eye>

<He is a good boy... but for how long?>

<For... how long???>

<Dramatic cliffhanger music.>

-

(NOTE: No animals were actually eclipsed in the making of this post. Lazy dogs yawning in sunbeams do make for great models, though. [Wink] )

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)           Edit/Delete Post     
If Pippin ever tries to lick your face... watch out!

--------------------
Why must power be so elusive?

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
awww Pippin .... He can come live with me ... i am used to evil dogs.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I think my mum could handle Pippin. She'd just give him a bath and comb his hair til he cried.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.