Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Faraway Lad and the boy with UltraPowers meet ..... Barry Kitson !! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Faraway Lad and the boy with UltraPowers meet ..... Barry Kitson !!
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah !! Darden and i met Barry Kitson today !! at the LONDON COMIC CON !!

and we were lucky enough to see quite a few new pages, which looked so amazing in there B/W form !!

we also saw all the rough idea's for the character designs !! it was great seeing these, it gave us a great insight into the design process !!

i'd also like to add, that any of the members here, who were unsure on certain character designs, shouldn't worry !!

the full pictures that we saw make a BIG difference from the final page in the preview !!

Saturn Girl looks great with the cape !!

Element Lad looks really good, they seem to want to play him as a more mystical figure [ like Dr Fate !! ]

Triplicate Girl also looks great !!

in fact everyone of them is amazing, you guy's will be blown away, when you see the final versions !!!

[ October 23, 2004, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Give us the gossip, Matthew.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
we saw quite a few different versions of certain characters and also a different version of the final page in the preview !!!

Barry had recieved a memo to say that the LEGIONNAIRES should NOT be grinning !!! but he miss read it, and had them all grinning !!! it was funny to see .... also in this version Ultra Boy was in the position that Cosmic Boy is now !!!

Barry told us about the new clubhouse !!!

also which characters are going to get together !!?? and who won't get on with each other !!??

but for the most part he wouldn't give too much away, telling us to wait and see !!

Barry's really excited about this project, and it comes across in his work and how he was talikng about the book !!!

he also mentioned that Mark Waid is really gonna give us something special !!! almost righting the wrong that he originally gave us during the start of the reboot !!! [ if that makes sense .... ]

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
What's the new club house like?
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i also asked Barry about that original teaser picture, to see who the LEGIONNAIRES were ....

they hadn't fully decided, but this was the who he planned to be be featured at the front !!

Ultra Boy
Shadow Lass
Cosmic Boy or Lightining Lad

and ......... Dawnstar !!!!!!

you can't really tell from the small version, but on the original that we saw, Barry said the 4th character was either Phantom Girl or Dawnstar !!!

he even drew the shape of wings in the shadows !!! intending the character, to be Dawny !!!

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
What's the new club house like?

sorry, he didn't really tell us, although he did say it would be a new design ....

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i forgot to say that Sun Boy's costume looks much better in the pages from issue #1 !!!

for anyone who was unsure on the design ....

Matthew.

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

More important, what about Sun Boy's hair. I hope it's no so bouffant. [Wink]
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
More important, what about Sun Boy's hair. I hope it's no so bouffant. [Wink]

you'll be happy to hear that it isn't !!!

looks much better in issue #1 !!!

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

we saw some really cool pictures/ideas for the Science Police and their robot patrols !!!

Mark and Barry have spent a lot of time creating a very futuristic city/planet filled with lots of devices and tech !!!

this new LEGION is gonna be very good imo .....

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

from the character designs, Lyle's costume also looked cool !!! [ not sure if that was the finished version, we forgot to ask Barry ] but he wears a 3/4 length jacket with loads of pockets !!!

it looks great !!! and it has the INVISIBLE KID logo on the back !!!

actually a lot of the costumes feature a number of logo's on them !!!

SATURN GIRL features her chest logo, and one on the back of her cape ....

Matthew.

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Matthew, thanks so much for reporting this. Did you happen to get a picture of you and Darden with Barry?
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
So it sounds like Element Lad is going to be a literal alchemist rather than the last survivor of a race of transmuters. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I was wondering how the 31st Century could write off 21st Century heroes if there were so many super-powered people around. Maybe they're rare in this version.

Also, when you look in the preview in the TEEN TITANS/LEGION Special, it looks like one of the shadowed Legionnaires has wings (at the bottom of the second to last page), but that character doesn't show when we get the group shot. But how would Dawnstar get around the naming convention? Angel Lass?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Matthew, thanks so much for reporting this. Did you happen to get a picture of you and Darden with Barry?

no sorry !! we didn't really get the time, we were too busy drooling over all the pages and character designs !!

and Barry was drawing for other people who were there !!! whilst talking us through, the pages we were looking at !!!

i had to get my train back, before Barry left !!!

but i did buy a sketch from him, which was one of his roughs, of the final page from the preview !!!

it looks great [ i'll post it, but i seem to be having trouble with on the site i place my pictures ..... ]

Darden was going for a drink with Barry [ before he got his train home ] so hopefully he'll have somemore amazing info !!!

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
So it sounds like Element Lad is going to be a literal alchemist rather than the last survivor of a race of transmuters. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

this is the impression i got from the designs .... i think this will be a great new take on the character !!!

Matthew.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.