Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Faraway Lad and the boy with UltraPowers meet ..... Barry Kitson !! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Faraway Lad and the boy with UltraPowers meet ..... Barry Kitson !!
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
So it sounds like Element Lad is going to be a literal alchemist rather than the last survivor of a race of transmuters. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

this is the impression i got from the designs .... i think this will be a great new take on the character !!!

Matthew.

they also refered to him as .... the young mage !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Also, when you look in the preview in the TEEN TITANS/LEGION Special, it looks like one of the shadowed Legionnaires has wings (at the bottom of the second to last page), but that character doesn't show when we get the group shot. But how would Dawnstar get around the naming convention? Angel Lass?

the idea for Dawnstar only really featured in that teaser image, i don't think we'll be seeing Dawny, just yet [Frown] ......

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Young mage, eh? Well, as long as he's not too powerful. I'd prefer he be more on the alchemical side than the sorcerous side. But I guess this squashes any ideas about seeing the White Witch or Dragonmage. I guess I can live with that. Still, it all sounds interesting.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
You mentioned that some legionaires get together. Any info?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

here are two photo's of the page that i bought off Barry !!! it's very cool ......

-

-

hope you like it .....

Matthew.

[ October 23, 2004, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice pics. Sun Boy's emblem looks a lot nicer here than it did in the preview.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
You mentioned that some legionaires get together. Any info?

Barry mentioned that Element Lad could be drawn towards Princess Projectra because they will have more "regal" backgrounds !!!

and also Brainiac will not always get on with Dream Girl !!! because he'll be in his lab for 3 days working really hard on something and DG will come in and say, don't worry about it, you'll get it done [ i've "seen" it, etc .... ]

these type of comments will drive Brainy mad !!!

all sounds cool, doesn't it ???

Matthew.

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
It sounds like Waid and Kitson have really thought this out well and are really working hard to give each team member a distinct personality. That should really be fun. Love the sketches by the way. Will you have them framed?
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Element Lad as a mage with a regal background drawn toward Princess Projectra?

Uh-oh... my cautious optimism is being transmuted into pessimistic dread. Can't say I like *any* of those possibilities...

... though this is better than insane pseudo-god with unexplained 'merge' powers or young hero abandoned by a callous team to drift in space for eons.

I'd *much* rather see White Witch and/or Dragonmage if there needs to be a mystic character. I find this much more off-putting than Star Boy's change in skin color.

Sigh... first Waid all but absented Jan from his own origin at the beginning of the reboot and now a 'reimagined' Jan that might as well *be* Doctor Fate.

Two steps back.

I liked the potential interplay for Dreamy and Brainy, though.

Did Invisible Kid have a headband?

Will Sun Boy be a blond or a redhead?

Thanks for the report, anyway, TBWUBP...

Todd

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
But how would Dawnstar get around the naming convention? Angel Lass?

Fly Girl? [Wink]

Where's Greybird? I hope he didn't pass out from shock...

As for Jan being regal, I think there's always been something regal about him. A kind of quiet confidence. Maybe it's because he was Legion leader when I started reading.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
these are great
sounds like a good time
do u live in england, ulra-matthew?

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Have we seen InvisiKid's costume yet? His outfit in the preview struck me as "plaincloths"... he'd just jumped out his bedroom window, after all.

Dirk was blond in the preview, but we've heard of problems with the coloring so far, most notably Shadow Lass.

And anybody else notice how much the inker changed Garth's facial features? He looks worried or something on the printed page...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Policy Pam
Insured for Life

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Policy Pam           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Dawnstar would be an EXCELLENT addition to the reimagined Legion!

--------------------
Only two-time winner of the Order of the Dead Vampire Head.

From: Tartarus | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[Arachne]
{ Where's Greybird? I hope he didn't pass out from shock ... }

I was ill all day with a lot of stomach "flu" ... BUT I'M FEELING A LOT BETTER NOW !!!!!

Thanks for a bit of hope, to Barry, and for a PM heads-up, to Arachne!

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Element Lad as a mage with a regal background drawn toward Princess Projectra?

Uh-oh... my cautious optimism is being transmuted into pessimistic dread. Can't say I like *any* of those possibilities...

... though this is better than insane pseudo-god with unexplained 'merge' powers or young hero abandoned by a callous team to drift in space for eons.

I'd *much* rather see White Witch and/or Dragonmage if there needs to be a mystic character. I find this much more off-putting than Star Boy's change in skin color.

Sigh... first Waid all but absented Jan from his own origin at the beginning of the reboot and now a 'reimagined' Jan that might as well *be* Doctor Fate.

Two steps back....

Have to say I'm a bit wary as well. More because of his origin than being anti-mystical mage. I know it'll sound like I'm just pining for the preboot, but Jan's origin story was one of the richest of the era. He's one of those last of his kind heroes and he had the misfortune to watch his race killed, which was worse than Superman's fate. Then his interplay with Roxxas provided some brilliant material especially for Giffen. I was very disappointed when I saw a lot of that wasted with the post-boot.

I know, no one wants stories re-told, but I felt there were plenty not told to begin with.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.