Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Faraway Lad and the boy with UltraPowers meet ..... Barry Kitson !! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Faraway Lad and the boy with UltraPowers meet ..... Barry Kitson !!
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
So, I bought two pages from Barry and I love em, I'll get them posted tomorrow. (I hope)

hey Darden !!

what pages did you get ??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I got to see something no one else did. But I am sworn to secrecy [Razz]

All I will say is

WOW!!!!!!!

You lot are going to be really animated come December

[LOL]

hey !!

that's not fair !! tell me [Smile] [ wish i hadn't had to get my train now ...... ]

PM me [Razz] [Smile]

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
(Hi Matt really good to actually meet you after all this time. After your false start that is [Big Grin] )

it was [Cool] to meet you too, Darden !!!

i'm glad we got to see all of Barry's work, and i'm looking forward to seeing the pages that you bought, also ....

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by 235 - Andy S:
these are great
sounds like a good time
do u live in england, ulra-matthew?

yeah !! good old England !!

Matthew.

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

[LOL]

Wowsa! We're getting a LEGION cartoon as well as a new ongoing series?
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
How great is it that Barry has gotten so involved in this on-line community! He really rocks! I hope this heralds a return to the fine Legion tradition of true dialogue and collaboration between the fans and the creative team. Barry, can you suggest to Mr. Waid and Mr. Wacker that this new Legion really needs leadership elections by the fans?

Thanks also to Matt and Darden for their enthusiastic comments and tantalizing hints. It only hit me today that the new Legion will be a birthday present, almost. Normally, having a birthday in the week between Christmas and New Year's is like being born during the world's hangover from a really great party the night before. Now, Waid and Kitson and DC come along to make that week truly special.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, now things have calmed down a bit and i'm back at home I can go through the posts and lets see if I can add anything to the already excellent report back by Matt.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
yeah !! Darden and i met Barry Kitson today !! at the LONDON COMIC CON !!

and we were lucky enough to see quite a few new pages, which looked so amazing in there B/W form !!

Saturn Girl looks great with the cape !!

Element Lad looks really good, they seem to want to play him as a more mystical figure [ like Dr Fate !! ]

Triplicate Girl also looks great !!

in fact everyone of them is amazing, you guy's will be blown away, when you see the final versions !!!

They certainly will Matt.

Let me add that Saturn Girls cape looks so much better than in the preview splash page. There is a fluidity to the whole ensemble that is just so graceful. The fact that one of the designs showed her with the Saturn Image on the Back of the cape, just like Supes S, makes perfect sense given these Legionnaires inspiration.

I really like Triplicates Girls cape and collar look too. Believe me it works well when seen close up.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
i forgot to say that Sun Boy's costume looks much better in the pages from issue #1 !!!

for anyone who was unsure on the design ....

Matthew.

i also think looking at things that the colourist may have got it wrong. As i am sure i can remember lines on Sun boys pants that would indicate they were not supposed to be one solid colour. Maybe Barry could confirm or deny?

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

quote:
we saw some really cool pictures/ideas for the Science Police and their robot patrols !!!

Mark and Barry have spent a lot of time creating a very futuristic city/planet filled with lots of devices and tech !!!

this new LEGION is gonna be very good imo .....

Matthew.

again we were only working from some of the roughs and design pages that Barry was kind enough to share with us. So maybe not everything will make it into the finshed comic. These SP's are much more impersonal, regimented and use heavy personal armour, almost tank like in appearance.

One thing I noticed from a page from the preview was that Lyles Dad had his SP number tattooed on the back of his neck in one panel.

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
[Arachne]
{ Where's Greybird? I hope he didn't pass out from shock ... }

I was ill all day with a lot of stomach "flu" ... <font size="-2">BUT I'M FEELING A LOT BETTER NOW !!!!!</font s>

Thanks for a bit of hope, to Barry, and for a PM heads-up, to Arachne!

Well not to rain on your parade Grey but Barry did say that the idea of Dawny appearing was somewhat knocked back by the naming convention. BUT he didnt say she wouldnt or couldnt turn up later, once things had settled and they could (perhaps) relax the naming convention

[Wink]

PS did I tell you that I like to tease [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
It sounds like Waid and Kitson have really thought this out well and are really working hard to give each team member a distinct personality. That should really be fun. Love the sketches by the way. Will you have them framed?

i think this could really be true from what I recall being said. and by the way I aint a journalist nor do i have perfect recall, so with that disclaimer....

I think we may be seeing a group with internal dynamics, a group with friendships and sometimes strained relationships. As this was said I was thinking of experience in school classes of 20 to 30 where you never did get on to the same extent with “everyone” and there were some you liked better than others.

so it looks like we are getting some character differentiation in this version.

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

quote:
quote:
So, I bought two pages from Barry and I love em, I'll get them posted tomorrow. (I hope)

hey Darden !!

what pages did you get ??

Matthew.

I got a pencils version of Saturn Girl and Chameleon and that one of Star Boy and Shadow Lass from the second cover, on a plain background. I would post them but my scanners on the futz at the moment. Needless to say I love both but in black and white Tasmia is even more stunning. [Love]

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

quote:
quote:
I got to see something no one else did. But I am sworn to secrecy [Razz]

All I will say is

WOW!!!!!!!

[LOL]

hey !!

that's not fair !! tell me [Smile] [ wish i hadn't had to get my train now ...... ]

PM me [Razz] [Smile]

Matthew.

Would love too but you need to clear your gerdammit pm box [Mad]
[Hug]

--------------------
Faithfull

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Matthew isn't the only one who needs to clean out his PM box Faraway. [Mad]

[Big Grin]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.