Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Legion World Returns! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion World Returns!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome Back!

We (Scott and I) are extremely sorry for what has happened. Our server crashed and all of the websites that it serviced were wiped out. Unfortunately, our last back up was August 12th/13th. Every single post after that has been lost. Forever. Again, sorry. [Frown]

We appreciate your patience and understanding of the situation. Hopefully, we can all continue from here.

Please notify me here on this thread or by PM of any difficulties that you may be experiencing. I had to totally rebuild this place from scratch and chances are I missed something somewhere.

Happy posting! [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, its back up at least - that's something.

*goes to check if his prediction from the Top 5 Predictions post that the L26 solicit confirmed was wiped*

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Also! I almost forgot! Those of you who registered after August 12th will need to re-register. Again, my apologies. There's nothing I can do about it.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
We (Scott and I) are extremely sorry for what has happened. Our server crashed and all of the websites that it serviced were wiped out. Unfortunately, our last back up was August 12th/13th. Every single post after that has been lost. Forever. Again, sorry. [Frown]

There's nothing to be done for that, so I vote we just jump back in with both feet and make up for lost posts and time. [Wink] [Love]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
You guys take all that time, and make all that effort, just to give me, a person you have never met, a free place to play with others who share an interest in one of my very favorite things in all the world.... and you think I might bitch? [Wink]

DUDE! No problem. So it was down for a few days, no bigs. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the effort you expend just to have this place exist at all.
[Smile]
YOU ROCK!! [Love] [Love] [Love]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Of course, I say that having not lost enough posts to knock me out of ACTIVE membership... [Wink]

One minor request. If you have time, I notice the "Comic Book Guy" avatar that LL was kind enough to create for me is gone. If that could be re-posted for use I would be most eternally grateful.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! I appreciate it!

I was up all night messing with this...well mess. We didn't get access to the server until last night.

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for getting the board back up guys! I've been in LW withdrawal so long I've been seeing the pink space-elephants. Your dedication is sincerely appreciated!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
((((((More hugs)))))) [Love]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
No biggie. DC's Boards are coming up "does not exist" today, so THEIR server may have crashed, too. But more likely, it's just one more of countless glitches. For a year-and-a-half I enjoyed myself there, but since they redesigned their boards, things have gone to heck.

Rob's own boards have not been much better lately. The last couple weeks, NOTHING of interest seems to be going on there AT ALL...

But then, I need to be spending more time getting "work" done ANYWAY...!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I also need to announce that only Moderators and/or Founders will be allowed to make new polls for the time being. Some of you already know the reason for this. Icefire, Reep or anyone else who wants to make or remake a poll will need to ask me first. However, we'd like to clean out that forum before beginning anything new. I'll post more about this later on.

That is all. [Smile]

Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I also need to announce that only Moderators and/or Founders will be allowed to make new polls for the time being. Some of you already know the reason for this.

WHAT!? I can't make polls anymore? [Mad]

How do I get in on this moderator racket? [Wink]

[ August 21, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Portfolio Boy ]

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 14 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! At last!!! my withdrawal is gone!!!! my addiction is back!!! Here I am, catching up my posts!!!! [Colossal Boy]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!! At last!!! my withdrawal is gone!!!! my addiction is back!!! Here I am, catching up my posts!!!! [Colossal Boy]

Oh good, look who's back from lunch. [Wink]

If you're catching up, you can start over at the Trivia thread. [Razz] [Big Grin]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
I also need to announce that only Moderators and/or Founders will be allowed to make new polls for the time being. Some of you already know the reason for this.

WHAT!? I can't make polls anymore? [Mad]

How do I get in on this moderator racket? [Wink]

Oops! I knew I forgot someone. [Embarrassed]

I can give you the ability without the advisor status. I'd like to wait until I have time to clear up the forum of some of the clutter first. I hope you don't mind. [Good]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.