Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Legion World Returns! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion World Returns!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Of course, I say that having not lost enough posts to knock me out of ACTIVE membership... [Wink]

One minor request. If you have time, I notice the "Comic Book Guy" avatar that LL was kind enough to create for me is gone. If that could be re-posted for use I would be most eternally grateful.

CBG is reloaded and awaiting your return.

If there were any other special Avatars in the last week that anyone has asked me to load, please either post here or send me a PM so that I can add them again. I don't think Gary would have them but at least I save all my images for this place separately.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Gary, you're truly amazing.

(You are too, Scott!) [Smile]

Thanks Jeff, and everyone else, for your comments. But Gary does truly deserve the lion's share of the credit. I was stuck at work and other places and not able to access the site until the last half an hour. I was able to take care of the last downtime problem (hopefully). But it still remains to be seen if I can access from work. If I cannot, you all will noticed a marked difference in my time spent here. At least from work I can keep a browser window open and periodically check in. At least I was able to up until today. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Even if I did get bumped back to Reservist status. [Aaahhh!]

I'm going to have to make up 40-odd posts (or just 40 ODD posts) very quickly.

I don't know if I'll be able to make up my almost 200 missing posts. But I'll sure as hell try! [Wink]

And I do remember my exact post for #1602 so that one will be easy to recreate.

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Hmmm. Spiders from Google causing our crashes and you haven't been around. Coincidence? You decide. [Smile]

Oh, is that what happened? [Good]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Alright everyone, I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll see you in the morning.
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Guys,

Just glad to have you back!!!!!!

From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duplicate Man Duplicate Man has just turned 58
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duplicate Man   Email Duplicate Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just glad to be back where I don't have to stand on my head! Have you seen the DCMB lately?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Woo hoo! Back in business -- at least from home.

Great job, guys. And like everyone else has said, no apologies necessary. I'm just glad to be able to play in your playground.

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Duplicate Man:
Have you seen the DCMB lately?

Has ANYone seen the DCMB's lately... say the last two days, or so??? [Confused] I click on my shortcut and immediately get a "Page Not Found". So if the great TimeWarner can't keep their site up n' running, you guys have nothing to apologize for with the way you're running this one! [Love]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Pov I missed you!!!!!(hugs) The boards cannot be accessed by a shortcut you have to go to the Dc comics site and then go to Message Boards

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, a shortcut will work, you just need to either create a new shortcut or edit your old one to point to the following URL:

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/categories.jsp?cat=DC+Comics

They did some board tweaking the other day, and the result seems to be some new URLs (among other things).

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi icey! [Big Grin]

And thanks, Cru-- that did the trick, and I updated my shortcut. Serves me right for linking directly to the Legion board... I knew I should've just gone to the DC homepage and entered there; I'd have spotted the URL change there. [Roll Eyes]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've not been able to get on line for a few days so havnt actually missed been able to post. Sometimes real life can be a blessing in disguise [Smile]

But I just wanted to add my two pennyworth and say to to the lads out there that I really do appreciate all the time and effort you put into this board and I hope it never stops being fun for you.

you do what you can to provide a place for all us legion fans to come and play. we are not worthy.

LLL

[ August 23, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Faraway Lad ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to add to the round of thanks to Gary for his dedication. I can't imagine the work that went into putting this place back together, but it's very much appreciated!

I kinda feel like we just went through one of those "new HQ" storylines that the Legion has gone through several times.

So was Brainy cooking up something that went out of hand that demolished the old HQ? Or maybe the Time Trapper threw us all ten days into the past...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
I've not been able to get on line for a few days so havnt actually missed been able to post. Sometimes real life can be a blessing in disguise [Smile]

But I just wanted to add my two pennyworth and say to to the lads out there that I really do appreciate all the time and effort you put into this board and I hope it never stops being fun for you.

you do what you can to provide a place for all us legion fans to come and play. we are not worthy.

LLL

Hey Faraway! Great to see you. Just sent you an e-mail as I got the package yesterday. Thanks!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.