Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Alternate ID's! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Alternate ID's!
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I could be mistaken, but I think Adventure Comics #247 was the first appearance of the Legion of Super-Heroes.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Beat you to it! [Razz]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Beat you to it! [Razz]

Now that I'm a founder, I could just delete your post, but I'm not that kinda girl [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I looked up this thread to see whether the moratorium on alternate IDs had been modified or dropped. It doesn't seem to have been. Am I reading accurately?
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Not publically no. But I said before that if someone comes to me and says this is me and why, then I usually allow them.

I'd prefer that people use the IDs that they have. Some of us are new, so I'm giving them a chance to catch up.

It's hard trying to encourage people to enjoy the place and still enforce some sort of rules of conduct around here. Sorry if I haven't been better at it.

[ August 27, 2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obsidian Lass           Edit/Delete Post     
[Umbra] Nighty has been very, VERY obliging to me and I am not trying to take advantage of his understanding, either.

I think that the obvious motif that exists in all of my IDs, prevents people from confusing me with a brand-new poster.

For me, the joy of alts is in creating their motif and making them unique - not in adopting a unique personality, as so many others enjoy.

If at anytime my creative impulse causes concern for any posters, I will restrain myself. And I certainly hope no one gives Gary any grief for being so welcoming and encouraging to the newbie. (NOT that I'm implying you were giving Gary any grief with your question, Grey).

Whew! I hope this post didn't come off as preachy or anything [Umbra]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Talok VIII | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Your post is peachy, not preachy, my dove!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penetrable Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
[Phantom Girl] lil'rhino is my favorite horned animal! [Phantom Girl]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Bgztl | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
What part of Jersey, angel?
I was born in Montclair & grew up in Elizabeth!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Not exactly an alt ID question, but I'm having trouble going back to "Fat Pantha" - I switched back to Fat Cramer to send some PMs, but now I get a message that Fat Pantha is reserved by another member when I try to re-edit my profile.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just my computer?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

It's an ongoing issue. At some point, PowWeb messed with the board's ability to communicate with the Member's directory, where all of this information is held. They don't know how to fix it and neither do I.

I can change your name to Fat Pantha, if you'd like me to.

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Da, spacebo - yes, please & thank you.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

I think it just takes a little longer. I changed from Spellbinder to Princess Crujectra, and then tried to change back to Spellbinder later that day and couldn't.

However, I changed from Princess Crujectra to Crulith for a while, and had no trouble returning to Princess Crujectra this week.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! I lost my "Kent" in a similar switch today, amd it's bevdevilled me trying to switch back.

I'll just wait til Thursday and try again.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Shakespeare:
Thanks! I lost my "Kent" in a similar switch today, amd it's bevdevilled me trying to switch back.

I'll just wait til Thursday and try again.

I can change it for you, Sean. What is the name that you want to display?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.