Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » We have a serious problem! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: We have a serious problem!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
At this point, I've done all I can for our cache situation that started this discussion (it's another server issue).

This is a computer program and errors creep up from time to time. What I need to know about is permanent problems. If you refresh your browser and the problem goes away then it's not serious. If you try repeatedly, and still get the error or the problem still exists then I need to know about it.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay Nightcrawler [Embarrassed] I'll stop panicking - until it's needed of course.

Thank you again for taking the time to deal with our worries, you are an absolute sweetheart!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, 'binger. I just reread my post and it sounds a bit harsh. [Embarrassed] Sorry.

All I meant is that this server has some quirks. I've noticed it on other MBs, so it's not just us.

I wish I could solve the problem here, but...maybe our next server will be more kind. [Razz]

[ November 02, 2003, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
So, what would a decent server run us if we bought our own? [Confused]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
So, what would a decent server run us if we bought our own? [Confused]

I'm already looking into this. Just give me some time. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Cool] !
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Guys I posted today and got a message that said

Your member Profile Is Corrupt (123)

Am I gettin' the boot????

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Also for a brief time this period I couldn't access Legion World. I got the Message "Page can't be found"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Crusader
Prince of Psyonia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Crusader   Email The Crusader         Edit/Delete Post     
I logged out of my Crujectra ID and was logging back in as Crusader. Although the log in was successful, I got this message:

Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

Can't open 'CachePath/ubb_files/summary/summary.html'.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Stale NFS file handle

From: LMBP Outpost | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by The Crusader:
I logged out of my Crujectra ID and was logging back in as Crusader. Although the log in was successful, I got this message:

I had no problems returning to this ID, though.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Is anyone else unable to see this thread?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
All I see are the colored bars -- no text (or a place where text could go) at all.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing showing here either. [Frown]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I couldn't see it until I posted to it!

Now it's working fine!

And Dean's groovy artwork is certainly worth seeing!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Got this messae today:

I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND YOUR MEMBER PROFILE. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD LOG OUT THEN LOG BACK IN.

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.