Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » We have a serious problem! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: We have a serious problem!
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Just got this message when trying to access the site:

Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

Can't open 'CachePath/ubb_files/summary/summary.html'.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Stale NFS file handle

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been getting that one too.

[Embarrassed] I suppose I should have said something before now [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
[Embarrassed] I suppose I should have said something before now [Embarrassed]

That's why we have telepaths on the team, sweetie [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I keep getting this message:

Stop posting already. Can't you take a hint?

And then my computer just crashes completely.

What do you suppose it means? It's probably a problem with the cache or something...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:

Are you serious?!? [lol]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:

I'm adding this to the error messages. [Razz]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[lol] [lol] [lol] !!!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally Shouted by Nightcrawler:
Now that I've successfully deleted the old stale cache, let me know if any of you have more problems.

Just got two in a row - the old:

quote:
Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

Can't open 'CachePath/ubb_files/summary/summary.html'.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Stale NFS file handle

and

quote:
FYI
Member profile corrupt (blank): '2'

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

[Frown]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
This sucks!

I don't have a clue. I can only imagine that this server has a hard time processing the MB. I can't think of anything else to do for this problem.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
This sucks!

I don't have a clue. I can only imagine that this server has a hard time processing the MB. I can't think of anything else to do for this problem.

Obvious points - in the midst of all the cache-fixing (how'd you finally do that, BTW?), could a file not have been generated yet or somesuch? Or the new file have the wrong name?

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I was able to move the whole folder by turning off cache in the CP. (Something I was afraid to do before because of the bold read warning message telling me never to do that.)

Then, with it moved. I could successfully delete it.

When I turned it back on. A new cache was created by the program. Everything should have been in place by the time I made my statement in the shoutbox. Thus, I believed there shouldn't be anymore error messages. I just don't know how to fix this problem and no one else seems to have it over at Infopop's forum. [scream]

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Gary, but I just got a brand spanking new error message...one I've never seen before or I wouldn't waste your time posting it.

An error has occurred:

(RequireVars) CachePath/search_index/forum4_recentmeta.cgi: Unmatched right bracket at CachePath/search_index/forum4_recentmeta.cgi line 949, at end of line
syntax error at CachePath/search_index/forum4_recentmeta.cgi line 949, near "]"
Unmatched right bracket at CachePath/search_index/forum4_recentmeta.cgi line 950, at end of line

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
This is a new one I just received,

An error has occurred:

(RequireVars) CachePath/search_index/forum4_recentmeta.cgi: Unmatched right bracket at CachePath/search_index/forum4_recentmeta.cgi line 949, at end of line
syntax error at CachePath/search_index/forum4_recentmeta.cgi line 949, near "]"
Unmatched right bracket at CachePath/search_index/forum4_recentmeta.cgi line 950, at end of line

Please inform the board administration of this error so that they may fix the problem. Thank you!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Gary, regarding the error message I posted as did Chuck. Everything seems to be working fine until I post to any of the threads. As soon as the Please wait screen disappears, instead of going back to the new post on the thread you were on, you get the error message. I've now gotten it on my last three posts to three different threads.

When I manually return to the thread I was posting to, the message is not there until someone else posts and then it appears where it belongs.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Curious...it doesn't happen on this thread. I'll see if it happens anyplace other than the MMB forum.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.