Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Hacks (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Hacks
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
This is a thread to help me keep track of what's been added and in the order in which they were added.

Hacks that were for 6.5 that I had installed:

Hacks for 6.7.2 installed:

Hacks I'm considering -

• PM Folders 2.0 - Organizes PM's into Folders/Custom Folders.
  • UBB.Announcements - Allows you to add announcements, which are similar to sticky threads, but appear in all forums.
  • Polls... The Way They Were Meant To Be - Makes polls appear in your topic, not in a popup.
  • Chat Mod - Lets you chat with jIRC. It has full CP support, it's 100% wordletized, it automatically gets the nick of the user/GuestXXXXX (5 random digits) if it's a guest, replaces smilies with real smilies, and shows how many people are currently chatting, but would like a free version.

[ December 23, 2005, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The HTML hack was removed because it caused some issues. No traces of it exist in the cgi files anymore.

So, these other hack 'wants'. Are they ones you've worked with or just want to try? I've looked over the News Fader before but didn't know if it was appropriate for our site.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
The HTML hack was removed because it caused some issues. No traces of it exist in the cgi files anymore.

So, these other hack 'wants'. Are they ones you've worked with or just want to try? I've looked over the News Fader before but didn't know if it was appropriate for our site.

How come Founders can still use HTML?

And I haven't worked on any of these yet. I'm not sure what the difference is in the News Faders, so I linked them all to compare later on.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

And I used Rob's reverse order hack for LegionPics, but decided I didn't like it and changed it back. But it still seems to affect that forum. Weird.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the HTML works because it is a feature of the regular UBB software. But it is only good for Founders. Not sure why the setting is like that but it is in the CP.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Custom Username Font & Glow sounds cool!

(Though somewhat frivolous...)

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Custom Username Font & Glow sounds cool!

(Though somewhat frivolous...)

[Frown] Tried it. It's not a possiblility for right now. It'll take too much work to get it compatible with our board. It requires things that we are using for other items.
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Were you testing the "username font & glow" with Icefire? It seemed so about four hours ago.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Sort of.

There was some residual effects of my trying to add the hack. I noticed several names "glowing" before I finally cleared the cache.

But no, I didn't touch any individual's profile. It just seemed to affect some people in some threads.

[ January 21, 2004, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
In order to ease the pain of losing my stats hack, I've added the following hacks:

Font Type
Underline
Different Size
Color
Centered

[ January 21, 2004, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
In order to ease the pain of losing my stats hack, I've added the folowing hacks: ...
Centered

What, no righty Nighty?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
quote:
In order to ease the pain of losing my stats hack, I've added the folowing hacks: ...
Centered

What, no righty Nighty?
When we upgrade to 6.7 sure.
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
In order to ease the pain of losing my stats hack, I've added the following hacks:

Font Type
Underline
Different Size
Color
Centered

Testing...
Stu
Time Trapper

Cool!!!

BIG HUG to Nighty! [hug]

[ January 21, 2004, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: STU ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks! [Smile]

But that hurts my eyes. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.