Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Hacks (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Hacks
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Also, I just want to add re:Shanghalla, that should a user accidently delete or edit out something by accident or should an Advisor edit/delete a member's post in error (such as meaning to reply rather than edit), please let me know immediately and I'll try to salvage the post.

It's what I intend to use the Recycle Bin feature for in the future. It's not meant to be nosey or pick on those of us who can't spell anything right the first time. [Smile] (Like me.)

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Remember Gary, people who always spell right are big dorks and nerds! Those are the kind of people who should be made fun of and picked on by those of us who are too cool for spellcheck! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if Gary can program the spellcheck to be mandatory for SOME posters... [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Eye due knot belief inn spell cheque pro grams. Won Cannes two easily bye pass their Benny fish awl ell Lee mints with inn tier lee legume it ant words. Ore with alter native spell links or super fluids space Hess.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The above passed the spell check, by the way, except for "cheque," which shows that the programmers are CANADIANPHOBIC! How dare they! Fat Cramer and Arachne, go lynch 'em. [Wink]

Programs are fine, but a cerebral cortex trained from reading voraciously at an early age -- as is true of the best spellers -- now, that's better.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
The above passed the spell check, by the way, except for "cheque," which shows that the programmers are CANADIANPHOBIC! How dare they! Fat Cramer and Arachne, go lynch 'em. [Wink]

And UK-phobic! As well as "cheque," which is the spelling in the UK too, colour, valour, metre, defence, etc.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Suggestion/request:

Any way you could set things up so that if you're not logged in when you try to post, you can just type your username/password in on the posting screen, and log in at the same time you make a post, rather than having to go via a seperate login screen?

It's not a big deal, just that I know a guy who's having trouble getting his logins to stick long enough to post.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Minor request re: avatars -- can you put a "back/last page" link on the first page, that takes you to the last page? (Did that make sense?)
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Have read requests - will look into them. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Click for fullsize image [Lightning Lord - Post-Boot]

Click for fullsize image  -

[ May 25, 2004, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Here's a question, although I don't know if is the thread to ask it in [Smile] :

How do you make a link to a specific post. A specific page is easy, just copy the page link, but can it be done for a specific post? Just curious.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, see the little Legion flag at the top of your post, next to "posted May 28, 2004..."? Right-click on that, and choose "copy shortcut."

Then, when you compose the post that you want to include the link in, use the full reply form and paste what you just copied into the new post using the URL button in the Instant UBB Code section below the post box.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks Cru! I've been wondering how to that for awhile! I never realized that those flags were links before...
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gary, on the spell check hack, when did it start having banner ads? That might be a problem if someone from DC were to see it. I know it isn't ours and we don't earn anything from it but their lawyers won't care.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

I didn't add it. It must be from the service that the hack uses. Do I need to remove Spell Check?
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.