Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Hacks (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Hacks
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Stu. So does mine but I have to work with it every day. If you want your head to explode, you should see what I'm working on using my laptop from work I brought home for the weekend. [Confused] [Eek!] [scream] [puke]

[ February 21, 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump] To keep track of all the cool stuff I want to add.

[TimeTrapper]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Hack attempt logged or corrupt/altered member file found with extra fields. ('00000005')

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

This has popped up a few timeswhen I try to look at certain threads - am I now corrupt? Sounds like fun... [Big Grin]

I'm sure it's nothing major so am not too fussed but thought you may like to know....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
See here, Sonnie.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
The clocks on the front page are fine (although I bet they're going to cause even more confusion with timed polls in the Vote-O-Matic)

But that damn fader causes a red mist to pass before my eyes...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
The clocks on the front page are fine (although I bet they're going to cause even more confusion with timed polls in the Vote-O-Matic)

Funny. I thought they'd have the opposite effect.
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Clock Hack:
Your Time: 02:30:04 AM. Board's Time: 06:30:04 PM

But "Board Time" in the Vote-O-Matic in this sense:

quote:
Voting stops at 28 April, 2004 07:59 AM board time.
...is "Your Time" on the Clock Hack!

[Test it out - play about with your time-offset in your profile. It changes with the offset you have]

And this has come up before, it's not as if it's a purely theoretical thing.

[God, I'm starting to sound like Grey. Please, someone, shoot me in the head...]

[Not literally, BTW]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Now I'm confused. In all honesty since "Board Time" and my time are the same, the clock says "Current Time: Blah, Blah, Blah" for me.

But, the message that you posted is at 6:33 PM and the board time you quote is 6:30 PM. Isn't that right? [Confused]

[ April 23, 2004, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Now I'm confused. In all honesty since "Board Time" and my time are the same, the clock says "Current Time: Blah, Blah, Blah" for me.

But, the message that you posted is at 6:33 PM and the board time you quote is 6:30 PM. Isn't that right? [Confused]

I posted it @ 2:33am my time. [I'm @ a +8 offset from board time]

Look - look @ one of the polls in the Vote-O-Matic, take a note of the time it says it finishes, then put an offset in your profile, then go back to look @ the same poll. It'll have changed by the amount of the offset you inserted.

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

So, what you're saying is the poll is wrong. It's not displaying board time, it's displaying your offset time that the poll closes.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If that's the case, other than the fact it states it closes at "board time such and such", what's wrong with the polls? Their times would still be accurate for the user looking at them based on their offset time.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
So, what you're saying is the poll is wrong. It's not displaying board time, it's displaying your offset time that the poll closes.

Yes.

I'm just saying this has caused confusion before, and with an actual "board time" clock elsewhere, I doubt people'd be less confused. The ideal solution would be to fix the poll term, but last time I asked you said you couldn't do that, or somesuch.

[ April 23, 2004, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Well, now that I know more of the programing side of things, I'll see what I can do.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Done. [Big Grin]

[ April 23, 2004, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Reboot

That's better - you couldn't have done that before? [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.