Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Legionworld - a Blight on Legion Fanism? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legionworld - a Blight on Legion Fanism?
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Comet King is hilarious! He's rude and offensive in most of his posts to us here, gets banned for it and then starts dissing us to anyone who'll listen!

He's like our arch-nemesis! A LSV of one! I wonder what nefarious scheme he'll be up to next? [LOL]

[ December 15, 2004, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe we do talk too much about bell-bottoms. As an effort for outreach, we need some threads about straight-leg pants and leggings.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm confused... I thought CK said he liked PG's bell-bottoms?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Maybe we do talk too much about bell-bottoms. As an effort for outreach, we need some threads about straight-leg pants and leggings.

Oh my god, that's the funniest post I've read in forever!
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
It must've taken CK a long time to compose that post. He nearly sounded lucid.

Clickety click. Whatever.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok nothing much to add here but a few questions and random comments.

First up, how many active members does legion list have, I know I stopped even getting the digests because I found the comments a bit, well staid I guess. Opposed to that how many active members does LW have? I’m guessing LW has more. If that’s the case how can a smaller, much more inward looking group who are not reaching out to new members every day (and just look at the number of welcome threads to get an idea of how many people join up here) be less of a clique than a large open friendly group?

How many creators join and participate at Legion List? If we are so inward looking and against strangers how come they get in?

This place is to me the Legion Outpost of the 21st century. It is an important place for legion fans to hang out, we are starting to get the interaction with creators and DC staff that Flynn and Broertjes, got with Outpost. It is quite possible to argue that the web based and visible love of a group of fans convinced DC to keep the Legion going when sales did not justify it and to give us a new version to sink our teeth into.

I don’t know Aliaslad but if he found the place too much of a clique for him then that’s his reaction to us, not ours to him (or her)

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Like Groucho, I refuse to belong to any clique that would have me as a member.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Sometimes I like to turn the lights down and pull on a pair of thigh-high, neon pink legwarmers.

With my blonde wig and a good squint, I kinda look like Imra's chubby sister... with a goatee...

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
What happened? Oh don't bother, I missed it again.

Look... I'm about as polar opposite as can be to many posters around here... I don't get a feeling of clique-ishness at this place. If that's how CK feels, then this is a problem of his own making.

Does Legion World take away from other sites' "Legionocity"? Probably so, but I wouldn't want to see an internet without Legion World just so that other sites can feel better about their own Legionocity.

As for not discussing the book... that's just laughable. Sour Grapes indeed.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I am the clique consisting of all cliques that do not contain themselves as members.

(a li'l set theory in-joke there).

If this were a message board for logicians, you'd all realize how funny this is!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

My new sig! [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I am the clique consisting of all cliques that do not contain themselves as members.

(a li'l set theory in-joke there).

hysterical!! (loony maybe?)

(never thought those courses in advanced stats would ever come in handy)

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Ya know... I just looked up why he was banned. Gotta say he deserved it.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starbucks Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starbucks Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This place is a BLIGHT??? Hah!

If you want a Blight, go look at the DC board Legion section. Nothing but a bunch of people who live in the past and cry about the reboots. That place is exactly the reason why LSH fans have such a negative stereotype with comicbook professionals (writers, pencillers, etc).

A lot of people here are excited about the new series and there's an overall feeling of positivity. Our new resident artist (Barry) has been active in the discussions and it's rumored that even the Wacky Editor guy (Wacker) recently activated an account here. Would DC professionals participate in an online forum where they were continually getting FFA'd (Free For All'ed) into the ground or would they be interested in reading about the good feedback that's been generated for their upcomming product? I'm betting it's the latter and not the former.

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:
Ya know... I just looked up why he was banned. Gotta say he deserved it.

You should have seen the posts that have been deleted over the last few months. Andrew was given many, many chances to play nice.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.