Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » UBB.LEGIONWORLD » Science Police Headquarters » Legionworld - a Blight on Legion Fanism? (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legionworld - a Blight on Legion Fanism?
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't even know CK was gone? Anyone want to give me the Cliffs Notes on what happened? Is it worth the time?

Some of us here have been posting since the DC boards five years ago. I've never been the most active poster, but I really appreciate the conversations and the ability to have someone to talk to that's at least as dorky about comics as me. Does that make us a clique of dorks? Even if I choose to not post messages concerning Tinya's sartorial choices...

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
Even if I choose to not post messages concerning Tinya's sartorial choices...

There is now a thread specifically not about Phantom Girl's bell bottoms (but for some reason people keep talking about them)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
There is now a thread specifically not about Phantom Girl's bell bottoms (but for some reason people keep talking about them)

BUT we've also branched out to include discussions of panty-lines, BGZTL fashion, Tinya's personality, Perez's warped vision of Tinya Wazzo, AND sailors

(funny enough, we don't mention CK at all)

[ December 17, 2004, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: 235 - Andy S ]

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Wahoooooo!!! I'm part of a clique, I'm part of a clique! My mom'll be so proud!

Seriously, this is the best Legion website on the Internet, bar none! And we have no one to thank but ourselves...
(and especially [Nightcrawler] and [Lightning Lad] for all their hard work!)

Well said.

Let's not let jealousy ruin a good thing here. That's all it really is - trying to drag down something out of CK's reach.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
You could almost say that any established site that you join can appear cliquish, simply because it's always tough to be the new kid in a group full of long-term friends. However, I think we go farther out of our way to make people feel welcome than most other places.

Considering _everyone_ gets a welcome thread which encourages posting, I should think so. But cliques are inevitable. The longer you've known each other, the closer you are. That's just life. Sometimes I feel left out because I don't "get" a lot of the older in-jokes, but I've never felt that was personal. I just go ahead and post on whatever topics interest me.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:
Ya know... I just looked up why he was banned. Gotta say he deserved it.

You should have seen the posts that have been deleted over the last few months. Andrew was given many, many chances to play nice.
There was apparently one that was directed right at me that I only saw post-edit. I got the feeling it was quite nasty.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't get it... I've only been a member for a month or so & have been treated like I belong from day 1.

Long live LegionWorld!!!

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
hey wait, everybody!

maybe we should take this warning to heart, and act like other online places --- WrItE iN aNnOyInG sTyLeZ, mock professionals & newbies alike with snide attitudes, and talk incessantly about video games and female anatomy (i swear, i ran across an Image messageboard devoted to She-Dragon's -ahem - privates ... i didn't even know there WAS a She-Dragon and i definitely felt out of place)

so who wants to start?

[whistling to the ghost town listserv, rec.arts. place]

um, i can't figure out video games past Mortal Kombat 2 on Nintendo and I like that Praying Mantis' bite the heads off their mates when they're done with the sex

does that count as unblighted conversation?

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by 235 - Andy S:
hey wait, everybody!

maybe we should take this warning to heart, and act like other online places --- WrItE iN aNnOyInG sTyLeZ, mock professionals & newbies alike with snide attitudes, and talk incessantly about video games and female anatomy (i swear, i ran across an Image messageboard devoted to She-Dragon's -ahem - privates ... i didn't even know there WAS a She-Dragon and i definitely felt out of place)

so who wants to start?

[whistling to the ghost town listserv, rec.arts. place]

um, i can't figure out video games past Mortal Kombat 2 on Nintendo and I like that Praying Mantis' bite the heads off their mates when they're done with the sex

does that count as unblighted conversation?

You know Andy S, as a newbie yourself, your opinion doesn't count [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

dOOd, i JuST BouGHT aN xbOx!!! iTS aWeSoMe!!!!!! i BeT THoSe LooSeR WRiTeRS DoNT HaVe oNe!!!!!!! aND THe BaBeS iN THe GaMeS aRe So HoT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(knocks head to stop channeling other message boards)

--------------------
Dan

Lobo Gris
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lobo Gris   Email Lobo Gris         Edit/Delete Post     
Before I joined LW I have started to visit regularly and read the many post. And, from what a read of CK i bet that he´s reading all of these. If that the case I thank you CK for inspiring the topic of NOT talking about PG bellbottons (hope you enjoy it!) [LOL]
From: Argentina | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo Gris
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lobo Gris   Email Lobo Gris         Edit/Delete Post     
Besides, i think that not for nothing so many new people, like me, join LW every day.
From: Argentina | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Its true.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not to mention, just visiting the DC board... all I read was a bunch of @$$-holes making snide comments to each other. At least when we make snide comments to each other, we're doing it with love.

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CreativityKid
Legion of Substitute Heroes Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CreativityKid   Email CreativityKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I used to post occasionally on the DCMB, but quit when I started seeing more juvenile threads than insightful ones.

Personally, I miss the lettercols, even those that were slanted toward the positive and away from constructive criticism.

A lot of comics pros - Beau Smith is the first name that comes to mind - graduated from the lettercols. Roy Thomas too, if memory serves.

And does anyone else fondly remember The Mad Maple?

That said, I'm glad I found LegionWorld, and Geoff Johns' and Dan Jolley's sites.

I feel like I'm among fellow comics fans who are knowledgeable about the books and just want to discuss ideas and share feedback with other fans.

Long Live The Legion!

- Mike

From: Pawtucket, RI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.