Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name that Horror Scene (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Name that Horror Scene
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, it's one of a long series of films (30 in total I think) that had many fo the same actors appearing in each film. The one I'm looking for is the only one in the horror genre though.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Wouldn't be one of the "Carry On" films, would it?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
It would indeed. The famous line is 'Frying Tonight', uttered by the fabulous Kenneth Williams.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

I'll take that to mean that it's my turn at bat.

I'll have to go thru the thread to make sure I'm not duplicating a question. Then I'll need to make up a question. Be back soon.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Right, this one shouldn't long to figure out.

Three words: "Choke on 'em".

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Scooter, I just saw this today, so I missed the initial post, but thanks a ton! If you made a DVD for yourself, I'd love to see the movie! [Big Grin] It actually sounds right up my alley (some nights it just has to be the more gruesome B-horror the better [Big Grin] ). BTW, was this the first time you watched it in a long time? And if so, how was it again?

I really need to stay on top of this thread...

And OM (as I'm rushing to type this before someone else gets it), "Choke on 'em" is the classic ending to "Day of the Dead" by George Romero! Classic Zombie Horror!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I should have mentioned that "Bub the Zombie" is just one of those horror characters that, how should I say, "broke new ground" [Wink]

I'm pretty positive I'm right, so I'll do the next question, and I'll do two, one very easy, to keep the thread moving along (whoever gets either can do a question, so we two going at the same time):

1. To copy OM, all you need is this one word..."groovy" (I know, waaaaaaaay easy, but that scene *had* to be added to this eventually [Wink] )

2. In a classic horror movie (not the original), the protagnists attempt to figure out how to defeat this strange monster, and eventually it is the female that comes up with the sensible plan "why don't we cook it?"

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll defer to Cobie when it comes to knowledge of re-animated dead flesh. However, I was going to guess "Tremors."
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
And OM (as I'm rushing to type this before someone else gets it), "Choke on 'em" is the classic ending to "Day of the Dead" by George Romero! Classic Zombie Horror!

Bingo.

I once read that the actor improvised the line. Initially Romero wasn't going to let him, because the stuff the guy was coming up with on his own wasn't working. But that bit did.

Is #2 "The Blob", Cobie?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

No, but good guess though, OM! You're on the right track for a few reasons...
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

No, I'm a dope. They froze "The Blob" if memory serves.

I'll say "The Thing".

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Scooter, I just saw this today, so I missed the initial post, but thanks a ton! If you made a DVD for yourself, I'd love to see the movie! [Big Grin] It actually sounds right up my alley (some nights it just has to be the more gruesome B-horror the better [Big Grin] ). BTW, was this the first time you watched it in a long time? And if so, how was it again?

Haven't had time to watch it yet but I'm going to start the process of transfering it from my TiVo to my laptop tonight. If I can get the software to finally work I'll make up a DVD this weekend.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
No, I'm a dope. They froze "The Blob" if memory serves.

I'll say "The Thing".

And you are right on, my friend! "The Thing from Outer Space", correct? (Wasn't the remake only called 'The Thing'?)

It was one of the films to inspire John Carpenter to do horror (I think the first ever movie with an actor to be doused in flames in a suit) and one of the first horror movies I ever saw. It absolutely terrified a young Cobie, and I used to have to watch it only with my Dad...

You're up OM!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:

Haven't had time to watch it yet but I'm going to start the process of transfering it from my TiVo to my laptop tonight. If I can get the software to finally work I'll make up a DVD this weekend.
Awesome! Scooter, as always you rawk too much for words [Smile]
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't "Groovy" Ash from Evil Dead 2?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.