Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name that Horror Scene (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Name that Horror Scene
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
isn't that poltergiest?
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It sure is. One of the final scenes. You get the next one deddy.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers Deddy, you're up!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
AFAIK, Ded's still on a break.

Someone may just want to jump in with one if folks want to keep this going.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
umm...not sure when i'll be able to confirm the winner of this, so i pm'd the answer to cobie.

The salvage man followed the beauful woman down the hallway. as she walked, she undressed. The man...thinking he's going to get lucky pursues her. Finally she stops at the elevator. The man moves to embrace her, only to have her vanish, as he falls to his death down the elevator shaft.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
That's from Ghost Ship, which I only saw for the first time a couple of weeks back. Not the greatest film ever, but I sort of liked it. It didn't quite know if it wanted to be a gore-fest or a creepy ghost story and I think it might have worked better ebing more stright up creepy, but there we go.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Bevis is right, and quick too! (Dedman PMed me the answer, as he's not sure when he'll be able to check in next).

I've never seen Ghost Ship...might have to check it out.

You're up, Lucien Lad!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

heh, right place, right time I guess. [Big Grin]

OK, the mad inventor (already brought back from the dead himself) is chased by a re-animated mummy into one vat and then another, at which point he utters a very famous line.

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Bumping this up with another scene.

The sister of the mad scientist at one point asks if the hero minds her smoking. He doesn't, so she smokes. Lots and lots.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like a line from The Addams Family...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Nope, much earlier than that. Sort of similar type of film though.

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
hmm...Abbot and Costello Meet the Mummy?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Nope.

Possibly I'm being a little too British in my choice of this film. Think Hammer Horror, only not.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Ok, I have to make the guess now, although I've cheated a little. The funny thing about this is that my parents were actually discussing this movie the other day and how much they hated it. It had William Shatner, Ernest Borgnine, John Travolta and a whole bunch of others, but it was so different from everything they'd done before. I assume Shatner is the one you are talking about Scott.

Anton Lavey is of course the founder of the Church of Satan and the writer of the Satanic Bible. I'm sure his involvement in the film makes this horror movie even more 'creepy' [Razz]

The movie: "Devil's Rain", circa 1975, although I've never seen it. Now my curiousity is peaked! My parents are NOT horror fans at all, so they're hating the movie doesn't tell me much...

I'm pretty sure I'm right, what do you say, Scott?

I know you probably have passed out by now Cobie but Devil's Rain is showing in 45 minutes on AMC. I'm going to TiVo it and then tranfer it to my laptop and try to make a DVD out of it. If you haven't caught it yet, let me know and I'll attempt to make you a DVD of it.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And while I'm at it, any more clues Bevis? I know this one sounds familiar but I just can't put a name to it.
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.