Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name that Horror Scene (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Name that Horror Scene
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. That's not it.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
The only film I can think of that ends with the villain being set on fire by the hero is Jaws 2! I know I'm right OM! [Wink]

CK - is your new one from that film with Cameron Diaz and Christian Slater about that bucks-party gone wrong in Las Vegas? Was it called 'Horrible Things' or something?

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
No Blacula, it's not, but that's a great movie that I forgot all about! Christian Slater is crazy in it! Good guess, but your about twenty years ahead of the one I have in mind...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

That scene sounds so familiar to me CK! I'm so going to kick myself when I found out.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"This is the end, friend" Spoken to Chucky by Andy at the end of Child's Play.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As for Cobie's movie (the head rolling onto the stage) it has to be the original Prom Night. Can't think of another movie that I've seen that scene in.

And how the HELL did I miss a Horror scene game?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Cobie, would the one with man-eating pigs be Evilspeak with Clint Howard?

And I think that answers all the unanswered questions. Can't wait to ask one of my own. [Big Grin]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Holy Moley! You come in Scooter and dominate! Actually, I knew you'd get the Evilspeak one, which is why I left it up for so long [Big Grin] I've been waiting for you to see this thread!

Yup, it's Evilspeak, one of the legendary 'video nasties' banned in the UK. Of course, the fact that it's banned makes it more fun to watch!

And the other one is from Prom Night! Right again, Scott! I'm anxiously awaiting Blacula to start kicking himself [Razz]

Ok, you're up Scott! You can ask one or two questions, or even more to keep the thread moving!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'll post a couple of scenes later today. Off to take Caroline's mom to another doctor appointment right now.
Blacula
Easy

Actually I've never seen Prom Night so I have no idea why I would've thought that scene sounded familiar. Oh well, I'll go ahead and kick myself anyway. [Wink]
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
"This is the end, friend" Spoken to Chucky by Andy at the end of Child's Play.

That's the one. Never liked the film, but I figured it would be a distinctive scene.

You da man, Scott!

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

My Mom raised my little brother and I on horror movies. Phoenix (where I grew up until my father passed) had a drive-in not too far from where we lived that held triple-feature horror movies on Friday nights during the summer. And they didn't start the shows until Midnight. So we'd get home on Saturday morning in time for cartoons. [Big Grin]

Here's a scene from one of those Midnight showings.

Our hero (a very familiar one) breaks an Egg. This is followed by a loud explosion and the skies open up. What falls isn't a real rain and it melts the bad guys. The scene last for about 10 minutes.

[ September 01, 2004, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I already knew that Scott was the king of horror trivia around here, and now I know why! Very cool, Scooter!

Now I'm worried that I'm getting my movies mixed up. Here's a guess: Army of Darkness?

(Five years ago, I would know immediately what was in or wasn't in AoD, when I was convinced it was the greatest movie ever made).

Lightning Lad
Founder

Nope, it wasn't Ash. This movie predates him by a good decade (from the original Evil Dead). The hero of this movie is familiar for other reasons, not usually horror.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I'll let others throw some guesses in, although I won't be able to help myself if I think of another possibility... [Razz]
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.