Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name that Horror Scene (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Name that Horror Scene
Sister Saturn
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
[Saturn Girl] I'm scared! Cobie will you let me hide my face on your lap? Thanks, Big Daddy! *wink, wink* [Saturn Girl]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*wink* back at you, although it's your mother who I'd like to have on my lap [Big Grin]

Scott, I'm stumped, but it sounds like such a familiar scene! OM, Miss T and Blacula, do you have any idea?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll let the others have at it before giving more details.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry - I've got no idea. But LL's clue about the hero makes me think it might be a character from a completely different genre who's been transplanted to a horror movie - for example 'Sherlock Holmes meets Dracula' (or whatever that film was called). Am I on the right track LL?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not quite. I mean the actor playing our hero usually appears in a different genre of film.

Another clue.

Our hero is searching for his father, at the insistance of his mother, who fears something bad will happen. The hero finds his father but his face is horribly disfigured. The father tells the family they must give Corbis the book and then he collapses into a puddle of foul smelling liquid.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Guess I came along and killed another trivia thread.

Okay, here's another hint, not a quote.

The technical advisor on this film was Anton Szandor Lavey.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Give it a few days Scott and maybe someone can grab it! We'll have to keep up with the master of horror trivia [Smile]

I'm going to have to start doing research to get that answer! In the meantime, you can add another question if you like! We can do it so two questions are always being asked, and try to balance the easy ones with the harder...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry - I have no idea.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ok, I have to make the guess now, although I've cheated a little. The funny thing about this is that my parents were actually discussing this movie the other day and how much they hated it. It had William Shatner, Ernest Borgnine, John Travolta and a whole bunch of others, but it was so different from everything they'd done before. I assume Shatner is the one you are talking about Scott.

Anton Lavey is of course the founder of the Church of Satan and the writer of the Satanic Bible. I'm sure his involvement in the film makes this horror movie even more 'creepy' [Razz]

The movie: "Devil's Rain", circa 1975, although I've never seen it. Now my curiousity is peaked! My parents are NOT horror fans at all, so they're hating the movie doesn't tell me much...

I'm pretty sure I'm right, what do you say, Scott?

Lightning Lad
Founder

That's the one Cobie! People who aren't horror fans will not like it. That simple. But those of us who do like horror and real cheesy 70's horror (the kind I was raised on [Big Grin] ) will enjoy it. I've only caught it maybe twice since I saw it at the drive-in (which I had to have been no older than 7) but it is one that I still can remember vividly.

Next scene is yours Cobie.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Now that I'm interested, I'm going to have to rent it! Sept-Oct is my favorite season to watch horror anyway, although my horror-addicated roomates from college are no longer close enough to watch our favorites.

Here's two, one being from a cheesy movie that I've expressed my love for before:

-A small silver orb with two spikes and knives flies down the hall and impales the head of one of two guys. A huge arc of blood sprays forth.

-The underwater battle between a zombie and a shark in one of the most gory Zombie movies of all time. I'm pretty sure no other movie has a zombie shark in it. *note- this one is also pretty obscure and was banned in Europe and the UK or some time!

Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
No 1's gotta be Phantasm, or one of its sequels.

No 2 - banned over here, so I've got no idea. Sorry. But Zombies and sharks - sounds right up my tree.

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You're right on the first one, Numf! It's the first Phantasm I was thinking about, although I guess any of the three sequels could have counted. I love those movies, especially b/c of their cheesiness.

And Zombies and Sharks does sound right up your ally [Big Grin]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Oh, and that means you get to ask a question too.
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Easy one for you lot:-

Dogs face peels open like a banana.

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.