Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Name that Horror Scene (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Name that Horror Scene
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oops, sorry Miss T!

At the risk of exposing my B-Movie fan knowledge, is the first one from "Wishmaster"?

I'll have to think about the second...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sister Saturn
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
[Saturn Girl] correctamundo and take your time [Saturn Girl]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Sister Saturn:
[QB]

So I'll also post: A young brother and sister are on a road trip to their parents' house, but instead find their path intertwined with a strange pickup truck and a driver with major road rage. The licese plate on the truck is memorable too.[QB]

I'll leave that up too, in case someone wants to go for it.

Here's mine:

After wondering all film why the title of the movie is what it is, we see the main character, a police officer, led to his final fate: he's about to be burnt alive and sacrificed to the Sun Diety.

And in case that one is too easy:

A clutch of man-eating pigs go to work in a scene that makes 'Hannibal' look like Candyland, while the main character/baddie starts decapitating heads with a sword.

*HINT*- this second one is from a film that was banned in Britain and other places for two decades and may still be banned there. It is pretty obscure.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
After wondering all film why the title of the movie is what it is, we see the main character, a police officer, led to his final fate: he's about to be burnt alive and sacrificed to the Sun Diety.

"The Wicker Man" - great film, eerie soundtrack.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Correct! Great movie indeed (and one I'm hoping to add to my DVD collection soon)!
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
A clutch of man-eating pigs go to work in a scene that makes 'Hannibal' look like Candyland, while the main character/baddie starts decapitating heads with a sword.
[Dreamer] Sounds like Manhunter to me, which was later made into Red Dragon.

Hint for my movie: The license plate reads BTNG U (i hope i got that right) [Dreamer]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Terious:
[QB]
quote:
[Dreamer] Sounds like Manhunter to me, which was later made into Red Dragon.
The man-eating pigs were in "Hannibal", not "Manhunter" or "Red Dragon" but that's not the movie being asked about.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magnetic Boy
Rokk 'N Roll

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Magnetic Boy           Edit/Delete Post     
[Cosmic Boy] d'oh! [Cosmic Boy]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Braal | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
The road movie is 'Jeepers Creepers'.

I have no idea what the pigs movie is but since I live in Britain there's probably a good reason for it. I'll guess something out there like 'Cannibal Apocalypse'.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penetrable Girl
Just A Phase?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penetrable Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
[Phantom Girl] Exactamundo, Blacula! Cobie has stumped me, as well! (and I'm not in UK) [Phantom Girl]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Bgztl | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, Blacula and Outdoor Miner can post there own now!

As for the movie that has people stumped, it really is pretty obscure, but I'll give it a day or two more to see if someone knows it. It isn't 'Cannibal Apocolypse', but you're on the right track! It's similar to it in that it's been banned for twenty-five years in the UK and is extremely brutal...

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, I'm sure I read an article some time ago about most of the films that were banned in the UK but I'm totally drawing a blank on what they were now. I know 'Driller Killer' and 'Last House on the Left' were on the list at one point but I don't think the scene's from either of them. I'm stumped CK.

But here's an easy scene to keep the game rolling...

A girl is at home making popcorn when she gets a phone call from a movie-fan who isn't impressed with her knowledge of 80's slasher flicks.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Forgot I had to respond. Oops.

A character responds to the villain's pleas for mercy with the line "This is the end, friend" just before setting said villain on fire.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Note- this is to Blacula's

Scream! Which was actually a good movie IMO, although not very scary.

Here's another one that isn't too hard:

When the lead character and her beau prepare to walk down an aisle together, her beau is beaten up by a jerk who takes his place. Too bad for him he gets his head cut off, and it rolls down the aisle onto the stage for everyone to see!

[ August 29, 2004, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

OM, here's a guess: I Spit on Your Grave?
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.