Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » La la la, Musicals Trivia Game! (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: La la la, Musicals Trivia Game!
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Seymour!

Richard Rodgers got double use out of the music for "No Other Love". Name the Broadway musical AND the television series that featured this melody.

Ken

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, it's been 24 hours so time for a hint.

The television series WASN'T a musical but still featured music by Richard Rodgers.

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Okay, the Broadway musical was a backstage romance featuring Ray Walston as the Stage Manager. Here's the Oscar Hammerstein lyrics.

No other love have I
Only my love for you
Only the dream we knew
No other love

Watching the night go by
Wishing that you could be
Watching the night with me
Into the night I cry

"Hurry home, come home to me
Set me free
Free from doubt and free from longing"

Into your arms I'll fly
Locked in your arms I'll stay
Waiting to hear you say
"No other love have I"
No other love

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I let this one go for a while to let someone who might actually know the answer get it, but since it doesn't appear there is anyone, here goes the Internet search.

Wow, that was still pretty tough.

The song was from "Me and Juliet" and the TV show was "Victory at Sea."

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

That's exactly right, though since Durwood brakes for WWII documentaries it's fairly well known around our house. In fact I cracked him up last time we were in SF. We were showing a tourist friend Fisherman's Wharf when Durwood spotted an old WWII sub on display. He was entranced, and I broke into a chorus of "No Other Love", the song they always played when shirtless sailors roamed the decks of their ships.

I've never actually seen Me and Juliet but I'm told it by those who have that it deserves better than being R&H's forgotten play.

Anyway, you're up, oh vegetative one.

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool!

Let's go with a simple question about my show! In the current incarnation of "Little Shop," one of the lead cast members is closely related to another performer who was recently hot stuff on Broadway.

Name them and their relationship.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

It may be a simple question, but I don't have a clue, pal. I even tried looking it up on ibdb, but it was no help.

Do we get a hint?

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Sure thing!

The other performer is related to the guy who plays Seymour (or at least did when the new version opened -- I never see anything about the show, but I doubt his contract was so short that he could have left yet).

--------------------
Geek Watch

Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

I feel like I'm cheating since I never heard of any of these people.

Hunter Foster plays Seymore. His sister is Sutton Foster and his wife is Jennifer Cody. I'm guessing Sutton Foster was the one you were looking for, since Jennifer appears to have a replacement actress in all of her shows.

Sorry, SS, but I live in San Jose so I don't get to see many Broadway shows these days...

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

No need to apologize. They made a deal out of it during the Tonys the year Sutton won for "Millie" and he was snubbed for "Urinetown," so I thought that would have made it more common knowledge with theater geeks. I guess I'm just geekier than most. [Smile]

You're up!

--------------------
Geek Watch

Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

I saw the Tonys that year. Isn't the the ceremony that ripped out Elaine Stritch's heart and stomped on it? Does anyone still wear a hat?

Okay, leaving Broadway behind for a moment...

The world cannot be wrong
If in this world there is you
I care not what the world may say
Without your love there is no day

1. What song contains these lyrics?

2. What movie had drag queens lip-synching that song.

3. Who was the pop vocalist who sang the song?

4. What famous actor/director wrote the song?

Feel free to jump in, folks...

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

So I guess this thread is pretty much toast, huh?

Here's sone clues.

The 1998 movie starred an actor who's been nominated for an Emmy four times and won once.

The female pop vocalist has appeared on Broadway and was mentioned recently in this topic.

The famous actor/director was disliked by Captain Edmund Blackadder.

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Okay, the song was "This is My Song"
The movie was "Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss".
The pop singer who has appeared on Broadway is Petula Clark.
The song was written by Charlie Chaplin.

I'm throwing this open to anyone who wants to play.

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Sorry, I had no ideas and didn't have the wherewithal to go Internet surfing.

Maybe someone else will step in since this was turning into the Proty and Seymour show. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.