Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » La la la, Musicals Trivia Game! (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: La la la, Musicals Trivia Game!
macrab2
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macrab2   Email macrab2         Edit/Delete Post     
You got it Ken, you're up!

Nice job, BTW.

Mike

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, but I've had a Petula Clark fetish for years....

Okay, speaking of Sunset Blvd, This group's parody of Sunset Blvd morphs into "Ethel Merman" and the William Holden character singing a parody of "You're Just in Love."

1. Name the gang that does the parodies.
2. Name the original show that featured "You're Just in Love."

Ken

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so the parody group in question does regular revues and has at least six CDs for sale (plus a special Hollywood edition).

One of my favorite numbers has Chita Rivera and Rita Moreno trading barbs to the tune of America from West Side Story.

Sometimes they even make up shows, like the muscial version of Anna Karenina:

Do you hear that train comin' round the bend
It means the tale of Anna is about to end
As I throw myself to my new address
'Neath the Achebad, Tblisi, and Kiev Express

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I've finally had a chance to research part 2 of the question ...

Part 1 is easy: Gerard Alessandrini's Forbidden Broadway, specifically Volume 4, a.k.a. Forbidden Broadway Strikes Back!

Part 2: Call Me Madam by Irving Berlin.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
"Chita & Rita" is fun, but I'm even more partial to the number that follows it on Volume 2, George Hearn singing "I Ham What I Ham". [Wink]

And of course the Ethel Merman "tributes":

"Curtain Up!
Light the Cykes!
And ya better turn off all the mikes!
Cross your legs,
Hold your ears,
'Cause no one leaves this room until I'm through!
Honey, ev'rything's comin' up Merman
For me, and for ...
Me!"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

I understand the reason why
You're going deaf because so am I
I'm da Merman!

Congratulations, BRM! You're up!

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll try another quote:

"Oh, do not leave us minus
Our vicarious bonus,
We want to see his Highness
Married to your Lowness."

Name the show, and the character who sings this verse.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

I have no idea, but somehow I've heard it before.

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmmm ... looks like it's time for a hint.

The quoted song was (disappointingly) cut from a recent New York revival of this show, but it definitely appears on the cast album of the original production.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
That's from "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" (had to use the Web to jog my memory because I knew I knew it). My cassette of the OBC is buried, but I'm going to say Smitty because I doubt it was Rosemary.

The song is "Cinderella Darling," which I agree was a disappointment to see cut. It's a fun song.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Damn. I can't believe I missed that. I need to be demoted back to the mail room.

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Suddenly Seymour is correct, with bonus points for giving the title of the song (which is sung by Smitty and the female chorus to Rosemary early in Act 2).

Your question, o Green one.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Excellent!

"Into the Woods" isn't strictly a stage show. Besides its cast albums, it has been translated into at least three other media. Name them.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Well, there's a book by Sondheim.
There's a DVD of the PBS performance.
and....
I don't know. There's the Forbidden Broadway parody, Into the Words!

I sort of hate to ask it but what's a rhyme for basket?

Ken

--------------------

Vist Hyperion Ranch!

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

You got it, Proty!

I was counting the DVD and PBS TV performance as two.

Your question.

--------------------
Geek Watch

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.