Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » La la la, Musicals Trivia Game! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: La la la, Musicals Trivia Game!
macrab2
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macrab2   Email macrab2         Edit/Delete Post     
How about:

Mame
Dear World
Mrs. Santa Claus

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Macrab2 gets it!

I was afraid if I said anything about one of them not being for the stage, it would make it too easy right away.

Let's hear your question, Macrab2

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

O.K....in keeping with the Jerry Herman theme...

The first act of this musical contained the JH tune "Just Go to the Movies," the second act was loosely based on the play "the Bear" by Checkov. Name the musical.

Great thread!

Mike

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Good question!

A Day in Hollywood/A Night in the Ukraine [Smile]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

Some ringers in the house. One of my favorite Tommy Tune shows, you are right.

Guess you're up kid.

Mike

Kid Prime
Founder

Okay, this one's an easy one. What one person has won more Tony Awards than anybody else?

[ January 25, 2004, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

I'm gonna say Hal Prince. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mike

Kid Prime
Founder

Good job, Mike! It was indeed Hal Prince, with a WHOPPING 17 Tony Awards (The Pajama Game, Damn Yankees, Fiorello!, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Fiddler on the Roof, Cabaret, 2 for Company, Follies, A Little Night Music, Sweeney Todd, Evita, Phantom of the Opera, and Showboat.) He either directed or produced all of these (many times, both.)

Hal Prince's legacy to musical theater really is amazing.

Anyway, you're up, Mike!

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Sheesh! Go grocery shopping, and you miss two questions! Bring it on!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

You got it, next question:

Three men won both a Tony AND an Oscar for the same role (in a musical). Name them.

Mike

macrab2
Honorary

Just to clarify...three Different roles
Kid Prime
Founder

Joel Grey, for the Emcee in Cabaret

Rex Harrison, for Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady

Yul Brynner, for the King of Siam in The King and I

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

D'oh! Too late again, though I wouldn't have gotten it anyway. Good job.

--------------------
Geek Watch

macrab2
Honorary

Great job, back to you Kid.

Mike

Kid Prime
Founder

Here's a fun one: which person has originated more roles in Stephen Sondheim musicals than any other?

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.