Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » La la la, Musicals Trivia Game! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: La la la, Musicals Trivia Game!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Ding ding ding!

Good job, Mike! You're up!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macrab2   Email macrab2         Edit/Delete Post     
O.K...

Name the sequels to the following musicals:

Bye Bye Birdie
Best Litle Whorehouse in Texas

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by macrab2:
O.K...

Name the sequels to the following musicals:

Bye Bye Birdie

Bring Back Birdie (knew that one; I've done Bye Bye Birdie twice)

quote:
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
The Best Little Whorehouse Goes Public (had to look that one up)

My first chance to get in on this thread since LightningLad beat me to the first answer! You guys have asked some tough questions!

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
OK next question is a lyric quote:

"As someday it may happen
That a Victim must be found,
I've got a little list,
I've got a little list:
Of Society Offenders
Who might well be Underground,
And who never would be missed,
Who never would be Missed!"

Name the show AND the character who sings this song.

(hint: it's not from Sweeney Todd, even though it rather looks as if it should be)

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

Great job BRM !
From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

The Mikado, Ko-Ko
macrab2
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by macrab2:
The Mikado, Ko-Ko

Obviously, my answer to the last question [Smile]

Mike

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Yep, the Lord High Executioner of Titipu, from The Fathers Of Musical Theater, Gilbert & Sullivan.

(Heh, I thought that might be too easy ... )

Back to macrab2!

macrab2
Honorary

Let's see...

Orson Welles and Cole Porter adapted a famous fantasy story into a musical. Name the musical, the original story, and the author of the story.

Kid Prime
Founder

Damn, that was obscure.

The musical was "Around the World," and the original story was Jules Verne's Around the World in Eighty Days.

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macrab2
Honorary

Obsure, but you got it.

You're up, Kid.

Kid Prime
Founder

What English philosopher/economist is referenced in the book of Urinetown: The Musical?

--------------------

macrab2
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
What English philosopher/economist is referenced in the book of Urinetown: The Musical?

Thomas Robert Malthus
Kid Prime
Founder

You're good. [Smile]

Your turn, Mike.

--------------------

macrab2
Honorary

Which musical performer won Tony awards in FOUR different categories?

Let's make it interesting...give me the performer,the four categories, and the shows he or she won for.

mike

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.