Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was afraid this was going to be a bit obscure. It's from the very first song in this movie, which is a sequel.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
To repeat it on this page, the quote is:
Mama, please!
Your child's come down with a fatal disease!
Mama said,
"Come on, you lazy bum, and get your butt out of bed!"

This movie, though now having a cult following, was a box office disappointment, especially compared with its extremely successful predecessor.

The female lead later appeared in one of the Batman movies.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
That'll be Grease 2 then. I've only ever seen about half of it, although Chris loves it.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

That's correct. It's from a song called "Back to School" which opens the movie.

I'm very fond of Grease 2 myself. It's pretty cheese-tastic. And Maxwell Caulfield is dreamy! [Smile]

Over to Bevis.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Righty-ho, this should be quite an easy one:

"The sweeter the wine, the harder to make the break"

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

I'm surprised no-one has got this one yet. As a clue it's a song from the stage show that was filmed but eventually cut from the movie version of said musical.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Still nothing? More from the same song then:

"So baby don't cry like there's no tomorrow
After the night there's brand new day
And there'll be no pain and no more sorrow
So wash your face and phone my place, it'll be okay."

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a clue, sorry.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

I'm quite surprised no-one has got this one yet actually. Here's a line from a different song but from the same character that should be easier:

"When we met in his science exam-it
Made me give you the eye and then panic"

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Well, that's obviously "Dammit, Janet" from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Yup. The first two are from 'Once In A While', which is Brad's song after he's boinked Frank and then finds out that Janet has boinked Frank and Rocky. It was filmed but then cut from the film because of running time but is still part of the stage version.

You're up Caly.

--------------------

Calybos
Applicant

Okay. This is an ensemble number:

"I'm surprised
A bright and charming girl like you
Hangs out with these slackers
(Who don't adhere to deals)...

"They make fun -Yet I am the one
Attempting to do some good
Or do you really want a neighborhood
Where people piss on your stoop every night?"

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

That's Rent, in the middle of La Vie Boheme.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

I know I'm right, so I'll bump the thread up with a new quote:

"Cos' you shout non-stop
And you're so twisted too"

--------------------

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Momma, I'm a Big Girl Now ~ Hairspray

"There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be."

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.