Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
It's the torch song from a parody-ish show about a classic Hollywood genre.

Another line:

"At any time or place
"I close my eyes and see your face
"And I'm embracing you."

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the hint; it got me looking in the right direction.

The song is "With Every Breath I Take" from City Of Angels, sung by Bobbi, later reprised by Bobbi and Stone.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Correct! I really like that show and have been humming its songs ever since I pulled it out that weekend.

You're up!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"On a trifling point I wouldn't budge!
I turned the jury's brains to fudge:
They freed the crook and hanged the judge!"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
A hint: this is from another movie-related show.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Wow, even with Google, it took me a little while to find. "A Day in Hollywood, A Night in the Ukraine"?

--------------------
Geek Watch

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
That's the show.

Act 1, A Day In Hollywood, is a musical revue-tribute to the "Golden Age" of Hollywood;
Act 2, A Night In The Ukraine, is a Marx Brothers homage.
The quoted song, "Samovar The Lawyer", is the Groucho character's solo in which he introduces himself - not unlike "Hooray For Captain Spaulding".

Back to Suddenly Seymour.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Sorry it's taken so long to respond.

OK, not that it's any help to any of you, but this is a show my local community theater group is doing next season, and I'm thinking of trying out.

When darkness surrounds you
and you lose your way,
you have your own compass
that turns night to day.
And it's even with you
before you depart.
Be still, hear it beating.
It's leading you ...

--------------------
Geek Watch

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
I had to Google this one I'm afraid, but in the spirit of keeping the thread alive it's from Urinetown. I've not really heard much about it other than it won the Tony though.

Let's have quite an easy one (that I may well have already used...)

"Then bang! Crash!
And the lightning flash!
And- well, that's another story,
Never mind-
Anyway..."

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I checked Damn Yankees because "Heart" rhymes with depart, but I never got around to any more research on Suddenly Seymour's quote.

quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
Let's have quite an easy one (that I may well have already used...)

Yes, you have, but I'll give someone else a chance to read through this thread and find it, since I gave the correct answer the first time!
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I probably had becuase it's one of my favourite song lyrics. I'll leave it open for someone else though...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Into The Woods.

Keeping the easy lyrics going, here's one from the show I'm currently in rehearsals for...

"A mark, a yen, a buck, or a pound..."

That should be enough for any afficionado. [Big Grin]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

And Urinetown rules, guys! I had the great fortune to see it on tour a couple years back. One of the most energized and talented touring casts I have ever seen. It blew me away.

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Keeping the easy lyrics going, here's one from the show I'm currently in rehearsals for...

"A mark, a yen, a buck, or a pound..."

That should be enough for any afficionado. [Big Grin]

That's "The Money Song" from the *movie* version of Cabaret -- has it been inserted into the stage version now?
Kid Prime
Founder

It's in the version we're doing, which is the Joel Grey revival from 1980. You're up!!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.