Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"To think you swore our love was real!"
"But baby, let us not forget that I'm a heel!"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Hint # 1: the quote is from a movie musical.
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Hint # 2: the quoted song was performed on The Muppet Show (the Muppets had nothing to do with the movie the song was written for, though).
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
No guesses? Let's try adding more lyrics:

"How about the time you went to Indiana?"
"I was lyin', I was down in Alabam'."
"You said you had some business you had to complete."
"What I was doing, I would be a cad to repeat!"

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Hint # 3: the song has a very long title.
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, I'm completely stumped. And they've only released Season One of the Muppet Show on DVD, so I can't even go back and check!
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The first clue grabbed my attention because it sounded so familiar. And now it's been in the back of my head all day. The Muppet Show aired in the late seventies and possibly the early eighties. There's a pretty good chance the guest star that week was in the musical. I don't believe there were alot of movie musicals produced in that era. The only ones coming to mind are "Annie" (which I don't recall seeing all the way through) and something called "Movie Movie"(which I did but barely remember). Both of those were set in the 1930's. And the lyrics have that feel to them. And now I'm wondering if Mel Brook's "History of the World" had a musical number in it. I can totally see him singing a duet with Miss Piggy. I give up.
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Elaborations on previous hints, by the numbers:

1. The movie the quoted song was written for was released in the early 1950s.

2. The performance of the song on The Muppet Show did not involve the guest star (who was not in the movie the song was written for -- but, coincidentally, was in the movie version of Annie). Both parts of the duet were sung by Muppets.

3. I believe that this song was once listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as having the longest song title ever, but I have been unable to confirm this (recent editions of the GBWR available in my local library do not include that category)(OK, not such a good hint if it's unverifiable [Frown] ).

(Side Note: the musical number in History Of The World, Part 1 was "The Spanish Inquisition", with Mel (as Torquemada) singing the lead)

Calybos
Applicant

Based on #3, I have a guess:

"How Could You Believe Me When I Said I Love You (When You Know I've Been a Liar All My Life)?"

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Aand we have a winner!

(Written for the 1951 film Royal Wedding, in which it was performed by Fred Astaire and Jane Powell; performed on The Muppet Show by Kermit the Frog and "Miss Mousey" as the opening number of the Bernadette Peters episode, launching Miss Piggy into an episode-long jealous snit)

Over to Calybos.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Calybos
Applicant

Okay, here's an easy one:

"Have you heard? It's in the stars,
Next July we collide with Mars."

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That's Cole Porter's "Well, Did You Evah?" from High Society.

It was also featured in the films At Long Last Love and De-Lovely.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Just over two hours... I KNEW it was easy!

Your turn, RL.

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Mama, please!
Your child's come down with a fatal disease!
Mama said,
"Come on, you lazy bum, and get your butt out of bed!"

[ May 26, 2007, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Here's a hint: It's from a movie.

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.