Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Big Hints:

The songwriters were Sheldon Harnick & Jerry Bock, best known for writing the songs to Fiddler On The Roof.

The Tony-award winning performer was Jack Cassidy.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it appears that I have stumped the panel.

The show is She Loves Me, the song is "Grand Knowing You", the character's name is Kodaly.
(I got to play this role six years ago; it was great fun, he's such a weasel [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully this will be more familiar:

"The wine that made us both rather merry
And, oh so very
Frank -"
"Ah, how we laughed.
Ah, how we drank."
"You acquiesced -- "
"And the rest is a blank."

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
It's from A Little Night Music (great musical). I forget which two characters it is though since it's one of the ones where everyone is singing. IIRC it's called 'Remember?'.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Correct show and song title, and it's sung by the quintet, and I didn't expect anyone to remeber their names.

Over to Bevis.

Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
How did I miss this thread? I'm ready to wield my Julie Andrews and Liza Minnelli and kick all your butts!!!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
What???? No Barbra, Kid Prime?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

ugh, no Barbara if'n I can help it. I shall do my best to keep everything Lloyd Weebber free too. (Sorry, just showing my musical prejudices there).

Right, next one:

Though I do admit it came on fast
Still I do believe it can last
And I will be loathing
Loathing you
My whole life long.

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Fabulous. Simply fabulous. From Wicked, specifically Galinda and Elphaba professing their undying love for each other. [Big Grin]

It's coming to Atlanta next year! I so can't wait. This is one of my favorite new shows. Lee and I were having a sing-along with the CD in the car just yesterday!

[Love] Wicked!

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Wicked it is. We're actually considering having a holiday to NY again simply so we can go and see Wicked and Hairspray since they seem to be taking for absolutely ever to get here to the UK.

You're up Kippers.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

I was totally gonna do Hairspray. [Smile]

But here's another one...

No, that one's Jerry Seinfeld...
That one's John Lennon...
Have you seen the museum?
We should go.
Will you share your life with me
For the next ten minutes
For the next ten minutes...
We can handle that
We could watch the waves
We could see the sky
We could hear the wind
As the tide drifts by

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

I seem to have stopped the game cold. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Here's another one from the same show.

Everyone tells you that the minute you get married,
Every other woman in the world suddenly finds you attractive.
Well, that's not true.
It only affects the kind of women you always wanted to sleep with,
But they wouldn't give you the time of day before,
And now they're banging down your door
And falling to their knees...
At least that's what it feels like because you
Can
Not
Touch
Them.
In fact, you can't even look at them--
Close your eyes, close your eyes, close your eyes.
Except you're sitting there,
Eating your corned beef sandwich,
And all of a sudden this pair of breasts walks by and smiles at you,
And you're like, "That's not fair!"

And in a perfect world,
A miracle would happen,
And every other girl would fly away,
And it'd be me and Cathy,
And nothing else would matter--
But it's fine, it's fine, it's fine,
I mean, I'm happy
And I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine--
It's not a problem,
It's just a challenge--
It's a challenge to resist temptation.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

I think it's safe to say you've stumped us, KP.

KidChaos
Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidChaos   Email KidChaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know the name of the song, but I think its from "The Last Five Years", right?

--------------------
"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke

From: MI | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.