Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is a guess: Is that from Hair?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
It is. Rockhopper Lad, I lose control of this game to you, and I wonder which of us is the happier!

[Color Kid]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a huntress on an African safari:
It's a dangerous type of sport, and yet its fun.
In the night I sally forth to seek my quarry
And I find I forgot to bring my gun.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
"In My Own Little Corner" from R&H's "Cinderella."

I really liked Disney's recentish TV version and wish they had released a CD. Guess they couldn't get all the recording contract owners to agree. [Frown]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

That's the one. Of course I like the original the best, 'cuz it has Julie Andrews! [Big Grin]

Go Seymour!

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Suddenly, dizzily you're spinning with the thrill of life
Suddenly, thirstily you're drinking in your fill of life
But secretly, you just can't believe it's true ...

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

No one?

Hint, it's a movie version of a familiar fairy tale.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I looked this one up.
I've heard of this movie, but I've never seen it: The Slipper and the Rose (a "Cinderella" variant).

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

That's it!

It's quite a charming movie, actually, and I would recommend renting it if you see it. It was released over here on DVD a few years ago.

Two Cinderellas in a row. Got a third?

--------------------
Geek Watch

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
[No]

Next:

"Who's unloveable?"
"You."
"Who's unliveable?"
"You."
"Whose existence is quite unforgiveable?"
"You!"
"Who would stoop to the cheapest and lowest of tricks in the book?"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
No guesses yet? Have a couple of hints:

1. Reminder: the quote was posted on "Talk Like A Pirate" Day.

2. Think of a rhyme for "book".

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

"Peter Pan"? I knew it sounded familiar but wasn't ready to cheat and Google it. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Hook?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
The song is "Captain Hook's Waltz" from Peter Pan (the stage version originally starring Mary Martin).

Back to Suddenly Seymour.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Woo hoo!

Here's one from a modern show I thoroughly enjoyed:

Suddenly, I felt a presence
I got a second chance
There was this vibrating feeling on the
belt loop of my pants.

--------------------
Geek Watch

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.