Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll give him till eleven.
All right, eleven-nine,
But eleven-nine is really where I draw the line!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! It's been almost a month! Probably time for a hint. This show is not officially a sequel to another, but it was the second musical written about these characters. This particular song involves a character waiting for someone who notoriously never shows up.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't recall a musical version of Waiting for Godot, so.... yeah, I got nothing.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

[LOL] I thought of that after I wrote it. Not Godot.

This song is sung by a boy waiting for someone who is not human and is waiting for said non-human on a certain night of the year.

[ December 19, 2006, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

This night is at the end of October. The boy has an older sister whose first name begins with the same letter as his. The musical is named after his best friend's dog, the earlier musical being named after the friend.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I finally got around to looking this one up, although that last batch of hints makes it pretty obvious.

The show is SNOOPY: The Musical

The quoted verse is sung by Linus while waiting (in vain) for The Great Pumpkin.

I knew there were other stage musicals featuring the "Peanuts" characters after You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown, but I've never seen any of them, or heard the cast albums.

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Actually there are, to my knowledge, only two.

For the record, the song is called "The Vigil."

And off to you, BRM!

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next:

"You go your way{points}, and I'll go mine." {points in the same direction}

(note: the text within the brackets are stage directions)

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

That's Dolly Levi in Hello Dolly!
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Correct! (well, mostly. [Wink] It's a running gag, and the payoff is when Click Here For A SpoilerHorace Vandergelder does it.)

Over to Calybos.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Calybos
Applicant

Here's a bit of a twist. One actor from "Hello Dolly!" has delivered both of these lines:

(from Dolly: ) "Some rotten cans of chicken mash are going to explode!"

(from a different musical:) "Too long you've wandered in winter, far from my fathering gaze."

Who's the actor, and what was the other musical?

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I know this one!!

Michael Crawford played Cornelius in the movie version of "Dolly" and became internationally famous as the Phantom in "Phantom of the Opera," in which Christine first thought of him as her "Angel of Music."

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

Correct! Your turn, Seymour--and you'd better keep away from "Little Shop of Horrors." That would be too easy.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Whoops, sorry -- got swept up in the holidays and my cousin's wedding.

OK, here's a new one, not from "Little Shop of Horrors." It's from one I just saw recently.

You know it seems quite clear to me
Because I'm working class
I am just the horse's ass
He sells me down the river
So what am I? Chopped liver?

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
That's Patsy from Spamelot. Not seen it yet but it's on our list.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.