Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Random Musical Quotes (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Random Musical Quotes
Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Right both times, Drake.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I just saw this a couple of months ago, so:

"He served a dark and a hungry God.
To seek revenge may lead to Hell,
but ev'ryone does it, and seldom as well as..."

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Sweeney Todd.

Fantastic musical. We saw Opera North doing it last year (possibly the year before actually) and it was stunning. Of course the current tour is starring Jason Donovan as Sweeney. *shudder* And there's the new US recording with Patty Lupone as Mrs Lovett *double shudder*

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Since i know the answer is right I shall go straight on with the next one...

"And then bang! Crash!
And the lightning flash!
And - well, that's another story,
Never mind -
anyway..."

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
More Sondheim?

I'm pretty sure that's the Witch from Into The Woods. Probably from the Prologue.

MMMMmmmmmm ... Bernadette Peters ... [Drool]

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

It is indeed. I was listening to it when I answered the previous question so I thought it was appropriate..

You're up.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Next Quote:

"If I stumbled,
And I busted my ... whatchamacallit,
I could lie on your floor unnoticed
Till my body had turned to carrion."

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calybos
Applicant

That's Professor Harold Hill doing "Marian the Librarian," from The Music Man.
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Calybos is correct.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

Calybos
Applicant

"Now we are forced to recognize our inhumanity;
Our reason co-exists with our insanity.
So we choose between reality and madness--
It's either sadness or euphoria"

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Through the wonder of search engines I have learned that this is yet another quote from Movin' Out; the song title is "Summer, Highland Falls".

Next:

"Let me see ...
Where was I?
Oh, that's right:
The pretty sky!
Not bad,
Not bad at all ...
I wonder if it will snow tonight."

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

That kind of sounds like A Little Night Music but I think I might be thinking of a completely different song with vaguely similar lyrics.

--------------------

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Not A Little Night Music.

I started by giving you the end of the song, let's see if anyone recognizes the beginning:

"They like me,
I think they're swell!
Isn't it remarkable
How things turn out so well!"

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Same song:

"Pleasant day, pretty sky!
Life goes on, here I lie.
Not bad, not bad at all.
Cozy home, board and bed,
Sturdy roof beneath my head.
Not bad, not bad at all."

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
[Confused] This one wasn't meant to be difficult. Perhaps it's not as familiar to our colleagues across the Atlantic, but it's a very frequently-produced show in the States (I've done it twice). Only requires 6 performers, simple set & costumes, relatively simple music (at least the original version; some changes were made for a recent revival).

And anyway, I thought "Sturdy roof beneath my head" was a dead giveaway ...

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.